The mkiv Supra Owners Club

air con/heater rewiring

cntt

just a bit of interest and maybe it is still a couple of wires are wrong

got 98% of my air con working now after another re-wiring, it appears that the wiring I've downloaded here is different to the j-spec air/con unit and ECU, thanks to Supra-Dupra(Chris) helps, having ripping out his dash and write down all the wires locations and where they are going to, now all buttons are working, temp control is working, the only thing is that when I have temp turn to lowest, it changes the air comes from outside to recirculates, and fan speed control isn't doing anything, we maybe have miss located a couple of wires

anyway, chris will rip his dash out again when he has free time, and ones we have everything working a 100% we going to submit the wiring diagram for future references.

Big Thanks to Supra-Dupra(Chris) :D

the only thing is that when I have temp turn to lowest, it changes the air comes from outside to recirculates, and fan speed control isn't doing anything, we maybe have miss located a couple of wires

Good to see you've got so far with this. Well done.

I'm not sure if you know or not, but if the temp is turned down to the lowest point, the climate system will automatically switch to recirculate during the day. (At night it shouldn't)

So the only problem there that I can see is the fan speed.

Hopefully you'll figure it out soon. :)

ah thats interesting to know, thanks Matt

I shall try that in a few minutes and see what happens

we tried the relay from Chris's car as well, but that didn't amke any different, also when I took out my relay there was a piece of wire joining 2 pins together, I removed it, still no different to the fan speed control.

hope nothing got damaged because some idiot joined the pins on the relay socket for whatever silly reason.

just a bit of interest and maybe it is still a couple of wires are wrong

got 98% of my air con working now after another re-wiring, it appears that the wiring I've downloaded here is different to the j-spec air/con unit and ECU, thanks to Supra-Dupra(Chris) helps, having ripping out his dash and write down all the wires locations and where they are going to, now all buttons are working, temp control is working, the only thing is that when I have temp turn to lowest, it changes the air comes from outside to recirculates, and fan speed control isn't doing anything, we maybe have miss located a couple of wires

anyway, chris will rip his dash out again when he has free time, and ones we have everything working a 100% we going to submit the wiring diagram for future references.

Big Thanks to Supra-Dupra(Chris) :D

No prob ken, we'll go at it again next weekend after Ive wrapped up my final exam. :)

if the temp is turned down to the lowest point, the climate system will automatically switch to recirculate during the day. (At night it shouldn't)

funny thing on mine, I checked it last night around 11pm, dark out, when I turn the temp to lowest point, not really the lowest, 2nd click from lowest, it switch itself to recirculate. today sunny day, I try that again, it doesn't do that, its the opposite???

oh and when I was checking the fan control relap, I notice the recirculate and fresh air motor mechanisim was disconnected from the flap, I put it back on since everything is now working, the fan control relay doesn't look right but I'm not 100% sure, gonna wait to chris has time and maybe I can try his on mine :p

also got Evaporator Temperature sensor Circuit code from diagnostic.

All sorted now, ken found that the blower controls circuit under the passengers footwell (small white lid ken will post up the part number) was damaged, had been tampered with by a previous owner. He tested it with mine and all worked fine.

Anyway we have done up a file of the correct wiring checklist for a J-Spec Car, which might be of benefit to someone in the future.

AIRCON Wiring layout.xls

3 pages in total, (tabs at bottom left of worksheet)

• 3 weeks later...