The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had car fully serviced by Chris Wilson

Sheefa

What can I say?

Dropped car off on Monday and got it back today. Never knew my car could get any better but now she's running like an absolute dream!:)

Had power battery probs before, now she starts first time at the touch of the button. New disks and racing pads were fitted and all the usual servicing elements undertaken to perfection. Cost was very reasonable at £1k and i'm extremely happy with the level of Chris' service and expertise.;)

Would highly recommend Chris to anybody out there............sadly he doesn't do bodywork or resprays! Otherwise it'd still be there!:(

Thanks again Chris and give him a shout guys if you need your car serviced or parts fitted. :search:

Guest Griffo

I must say i'm bloody glad I joined this forum (i'll pay up soon, when I get the job), I've gained a great deal of knowledge, and ideas of who to contact for what. As i'm in the west mids too (or nottingham maybe), I'll most definitely be giving Chris a call when I find a nice motor!

When I got my current car I got it serviced straight away at some garage, but they messed it up, and even managed to cross-thread a spark plug. So it's obviously important to be able to take the car somewhere trusted.

Anyway, great forum! Hopefully i'll be able to contribute worthwhile things some time soon!

When I got my current car I got it serviced straight away at some garage, but they messed it up, and even managed to cross-thread a spark plug.

That's really poor.

Chris is fantastic and knows Supras inside out. These aren't cars to leave to your ordinary joe blow mechanic.

My sig says it all really.

It wasn't just pads and disks mate! Don't forget the full service, new callipers, new heavy duty battery, belt tightening, a few connecting bits and bobs, auto box light etc. All in all he's done a fantastic job and I'm very pleased. Thanks Chris.

When I got my current car I got it serviced straight away at some garage, but they messed it up, and even managed to cross-thread a spark plug. So it's obviously important to be able to take the car somewhere trusted.

QUOTE]

i did my spark plugs myself, after following the guide on the forum.

i could see how they can cross thread a spark plug, as when i removed mine, the was a load of grit below the cam cover,

i replaced one at a tiime to avoid dirt/crap getting in, also used a hoover to clear rhe crap,lol

QUOTE]

i did my spark plugs myself, after following the guide on the forum.

i could see how they can cross thread a spark plug, as when i removed mine, the was a load of grit below the cam cover,

i replaced one at a tiime to avoid dirt/crap getting in, also used a hoover to clear rhe crap,lol

I can't see how they cross threaded them. If you put them in by hand, and then use a socket or something just to tighten them it should be pretty much impossible to cross thread them, unless of course, you are built like the incredible hulk.

Guest Griffo

God knows how they managed it, but on removal it was mangled, and fuel/whatnot making its way up the thread.

Was/is first car, so I just let them sort everything. After that i've been doing the like of oil change, plugs, leads etc myself, and have found a good enough garage for the harder things :/

Anyway, you live and learn, and realise some peoples idea of a good garage....is wrong!