The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Surprise MOT

Jiversteve

It's great when it does that. You also now have thirteen months until the next one.

Is that how it works? That's good then. I was chatting with someone the other day who commented that this couldn't be done with tax - you can't pay before it's due to start. We thought it would be the same for the MOT.

So do you have a post-dated MOT certificate then?

I think youll find you have 12months from the time it was mot tested! as far as i know they dont do 13month mot's lol

Yeah. Otherwise we'd get the car fixed up, then get loads of MOT's one day after the other, and never have to keep a roadworthy car again.

So in effect the OP lost a months MOT :(

Yeah - I thought if you got an MOT done within one month of the old one expiring, the new one was dated 12 months after the OLD one expired, so you would end up with 13 months in this case. But I thought it was only in the last month of the previous MOT that this applied.

Thats the way it works. If you get the test less than one month from expiry then you get a new MOT valid for one year after the expiry of the old one. If you time it right 13 months.

Me, Had to get the MOT done early as will not have much time for repairs if necessary over the next six weeks, Thought I was planning well ahead, and look what happens. So I only get 12 months because I am 5 weeks before expiry date.

Not a problem cos it drops the MOT into sumer time, I cant jack the car up in my garage so home maintenance has to be done outside in the elements.