The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Went to Family&Sports car Centre in Southampton today.....

Pabs

As per title.

Anyone used them before? I know they've been bought out so many times - my mum and dads FTO came from there many years ago (probably under a different name/management, mind)

Basically they had a nice Silver TT there, was quite impressed myself. Its only just turned up apparently, 76km on the clock, £10k price tag.

Anyway, thats not the point.

How have people got on with this company? Are they any good? Just wanted to confirm that my personal opinion of them was that they do NOT know enough about the cars they sell for me to buy one from them.

I know they've been owned by dodgy companies recently - is it still the case?

Just interested to know, I'm very unlikely to buy from them after today's experience anyway.

hah, dont use them,

there cars are at least 2k overpriced id say,

i took my mate there lat week,

they had a silver auto, looked like a 93, standard up for 9,995

and a black manual, up for 10,995,

the only good thing about that cas was the mint VS rims.

there a joke, ha

ah ok - thats only 2 lies from them then.

1) The silver auto is still there - they told me it came in yesterday - up for £9995.

2) They told me tiptronic supra's didnt exist - EVER. Any tiptronic supra's are custom installs by the owner. From reading the docs etc on here - they DO EXIST - buttons on steering wheel.

I always like to see if they know what they are talking about, and see if they know about the cars they are selling. Thats why i mentioned tiptronic - if he had answered right then i might have been a bit more interested, but from that point on I didnt really care.

Black manual was still there too, but looked like it had been taken out recently.

I wasn't going to buy from them, and never will. But I was using them for my research ;)

lol, when i went down there i parked in the bit through the gate,

some guy said i had to move as there was vehicles coming in and out all the time,

what a noob, there was 1 van in there, and room for at least 30vans, pikey.

could tell he just wanted to say its private property, which he should have said, dunno what business that part is now, used to be part of the import company, but now they just have the front part.

whatever that business is, hope he goes bust

where did you park?

i had to park just on the corner of the road that you turn into - not enough room anywhere else.

I was gonna say they used to have the warehouse behind them - they had some lovely cars when they owned that. Now they have the small patch at the front, and if i wanted a test drive they'd not have been able to manoevere (sp?) the car out anyway - it would have been blocked in by about 20 cars.

Apparently they fit a lot of the kits to the cars too... they had a semi-nice MR2 that my missus liked with a kit - apparently they fitted it.

i used to work there about 5 years ago when it was autoterminal, they had the whole site with a wide variety of good cars, customer service was poor though.

about 2 years ago i went to see a pulsar there and was treated really badly,

a wanted a test drive and he said come back 2 days later, which i did, car still hadnt been moved! again he said come back 2 days later.

i told him he was a cock and left!

did take me seriously and just thought a wanted a blast in it

lol - its a shame they are sh*te really - so close to where i live!

The silver supe still had random bits of bodykit in the boot, and the old speedo as it had been replaced with a different one.

But yeh, they told me not to import through Jurgen, told me its a waste of time, and just to buy from uk stock. Looked at me funny when i told him what i drive and how much i think i'd get part-ex for it, and basically said to buy a supe and a rover, and sell my car.

LOL - Rover.

Jurgen - have no fear, if I import (which is likely) it WILL be from you :) Everyones been tellin me how good you are, and i wanna see for myself ;)

Lucas, my mate, is on here, and is after one. I believe you've already spoken to him about it anyway, so i'll get to see his choice and hear from him!

I can't wait to get a supra!

when I said there was a company who did the importing for you, he said not to bother. Too many duds come in yadayadayada.... I think he was just refering to importing in general, not specifically JM-Imports or anything. But I think he was just mad as he realised I knew of some other better companies who could get me a better car ;)

Off the Forum, the history of the car is already here in previous threads and I`d say 100% of the owners here care and worry so you can`t go wrong.

The only issue is "HOW MUCH" I might think my car is worth £11,000 however person B says he`s seen it on Ebay and it went for less (say £5,000), I don`t want to drop by £6,000 so I wait for a deal between the two prices.

I can`t offer a guarantee so its a dilemna, what`s really annoying is someone goes to an importer (NOT Jurgen BTW) and pays my price for a DOG !

Just my ten pence worth of experiences !

:p :( :search:

hello fella,

Yes I would not buy from that place if you paid me. That place as had more company name changes then I can keep up with. A friend of mine bought a Skyline from them and he was lucky as the car seems to be ok but the service and the price was shocking. Did not get half the paper work he should of got and allot of the work that should have been done to the car was not.

So yes mate I would go with what you feel and steer well clear.

I also went there when they were auto terminal - i asked if they had any TTs, they basically said "sorry no , TTs are rare and impossible to get hold of and all the Supras you see on the road are actually NA's" :rlol:

hmm... all you guys must of been duped then ;)

I went there when they were auto terminal, what an experience...

He was very rude and all he had was NA's when i said i wanted a TT he said there was only about 20bhp diff and not worth the extra, at that i just walked out