The mkiv Supra Owners Club

D2 Racing products

Lebsteif

Hi,

Does someone know the brand D2? http://www.d2racingsport.com/brake.htm

What;s the quality of their stuff? i saw that they got a 8 pot brakekit for the supra for a great price.

This kit is a compleet kit with:

- 8 Pot Calipers

- 330mm x 32mm Brake Disc

- Caliper Mounting Brackets

- Brake Pads - HAWK HPS

- Brake Hydraulic Hoses

- fits on 17" Wheels and more

Id say they are better than Teins, teins are prone to leaking and the strut thread builds corrossion easily so its a pain to re-adjust the coilovers.

I have seen the D2 being installed on a members car and they look the dogs, the thread is coated i think so is less prone to corrossion unlike others, and its damp rated and can be adjusted both ride height and shock stiffness.

I wouldnt advise to run them in the winter but beside that the coilovers are pretty nice.

Second thing is you should like a bit of DIY as the brakeline holds that come with the kit are a joke.

Can you really see people switching there suspension completely every winter?:D

There is a d2 racing in sittingbourne kent. Dont know if its part of the same company or not but seemed farly good to me.

Don't think so mate - these guys are based in Taiwan:) Seen a set of their brakes on ebay recently

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D2-Racing-8-Pot-Caliper-Brake-kit-Toyota-Supra-JZA80_W0QQitemZ170019797446QQihZ007QQcategoryZ23013QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem - certainly look nice :) :)

Can you really see people switching there suspension completely every winter?:D

No but at least over here most people dont drive their sports cars in the winter ;)

If you have to use it then spray with wax like crazy.

D2 Racing is just another brand like KSport, GForce and so on its all the same just different colors and logos.

No but at least over here most people dont drive their sports cars in the winter ;)

If you have to use it then spray with wax like crazy.

D2 Racing is just another brand like KSport, GForce and so on its all the same just different colors and logos.

Can you still get a set of the coilovers as i will be looking to buy some soon, if not, can you then reccomend where i can get a set.

why do you have to wax these so much during winter and not the oem suspension?

Because these like other aftermarket coilovers are height adjustable and the threads are prone to corrosion hence the need to coat them in wax. OEM suspension is not height adjustable and therefore doesnt have a threaded shock body.

Got an address for them mate? I shall hae to pop round for a nose :D :d

dunno if you know it,its periwinkle industrial court.

if you do a left at the roundabout by domino's pizza,then a left straight after(just after st michaels car lot) then a right at the junction its just on your right. :)

dunno if you know it,its periwinkle industrial court.

if you do a left at the roundabout by domino's pizza,then a left straight after(just after st michaels car lot) then a right at the junction its just on your right. :)

Cheers dude - I'll try and have a pop round in the next couple of days :)