The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wannabe alert!

CJ

Please allow me this rant as I do feel it is justified.

I recently bought an NA off Lucifer for the bargain price of £1995. I posted up saying that it was indeed a bargain and that the body and mechanics looked ace. The plan was to get it taxed and MOT'd and to use it as a weekend car for a while.

Anyway, earlier today I was sent a PM asking if I would sell the car as it stood for £2500 and make a profit. I thought about it and as I had bought another TT last night decided to accept. I have now heard from the "buyer" to say that he will buy it as soon as he has got the money together - I mean WTF!

This is someone who is supposedly actively looking to buy a Supra and yet hasn't the money to afford one for 2.5k.

Anyway, rant over!!!

Please allow me this rant as I do feel it is justified.

I recently bought an NA off Lucifer for the bargain price of £1995. I posted up saying that it was indeed a bargain and that the body and mechanics looked ace. The plan was to get it taxed and MOT'd and to use it as a weekend car for a while.

Anyway, earlier today I was sent a PM asking if I would sell the car as it stood for £2500 and make a profit. I thought about it and as I had bought another TT last night decided to accept. I have now heard from the "buyer" to say that he will buy it as soon as he has got the money together - I mean WTF!

This is someone who is supposedly actively looking to buy a Supra and yet hasn't the money to afford one for 2.5k.

i

Anyway, rant over!!!

had the same problem when trying to sell claudia the first time - tosser came twice to check it out - i even drove up so he can show it off to his chav mates... we agreed on a price - but when it came to handing over money - his excuse was he couldnt afford the insurance :rolleyes: :wtf: :badmood:

You can't say that's the first time this has happened to you? You're lucky if not.

I can honestly say that this is the first time I have been approached directly to sell and then had the buyer decide he has no money.

had the same problem when trying to sell claudia the first time - tosser came twice to check it out - i even drove up so he can show it off to his chav mates... we agreed on a price - but when it came to handing over money - his excuse was he couldnt afford the insurance :rolleyes: :wtf: :badmood:

If I had been advertising it then maybe (and only maybe) I might have undestood but this member contacted me out of the blue with the offer. :rolleyes:

Maybe the member meant that he needed to get the money in from different accounts or something. Not that he didn't have it.

Ever the optimist, me.

I wish! He made it clear that he wasn't sure how long it would take for him to get the money :rolleyes: