The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Racing hart wheels

Guest gzaerojon

Guest gzaerojon

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help?

the first one is that i cant fit my tyre pump end onto the valves as they are close to the alloy, it's like i need a thinner wall on the air pump end

are these available, or even something to extend it away from the wheel so i can fit on a normal pump end.

the other thing is the hub on the wheel is larger than the hub on the soop.

where can i get adapter rings? and are they safe?

cheers :)

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help?

the first one is that i cant fit my tyre pump end onto the valves as they are close to the alloy, it's like i need a thinner wall on the air pump end

are these available, or even something to extend it away from the wheel so i can fit on a normal pump end.

the other thing is the hub on the wheel is larger than the hub on the soop.

where can i get adapter rings? and are they safe?

cheers :)

Dont put the wheels on without the spigot rings!

Guest gzaerojon
Do you mean the valves on the wheel are to short?

And also when you fit the wheel up to the hub it doesn't fit the size of the centre pat of the hub, you should get a thing called a spigot (sp) ring to fit between the wheel and the hub!

yeah thats it, the centre of the wheel are bigger then then the centre part of the hub. any ideas how easy these are to get? there's a wheel place near me and i think they do racing harts, might give them a go

the valve seems to be almost flush with the rim and is pretty close to the rim, so i really need a thin wall on the pump fitting to clear.

hope you can see from this pic?

Guest gzaerojon
Dont put the wheels on without the spigot rings!

yeah don't worry, i've just put one on for tonight, deffinatly wont be moving the car. if i have this right, does the weight of the car rest on the hub and spigot? then the nuts just keep the wheel tight against the hub?

As above mate, don't drive without them, i had to drive 100 miles back from a place in london on a previous car without these spigot rings fitted, couldn't go over 50 cause the car was literally juming up and down like wheels not being balanced but 100 times worse and you'd be more likely to shear the wheel nuts off.

Guest gzaerojon
and you can always buy longer tyre valves but might not look as nice, you can get nice metal looking silver ones now

i thought about this, but on the racing harts they come out the inside of the wheel, then bend 90 degrees, then through the hole in the rim :(

there must be some kinda extension that can fit on the end :search:

Guest gzaerojon
Might be worth your while looking in a cycle shop for valve extenders ?? :)

good idea that man :)

end of the day, if the dust cap fits over it, then there must be something else thin enough to fit

Guest gzaerojon
you CAN get valve extensions from Halfords,

Usually kept by the wheelnuts, Little plastic jobbies, 5 in a pack

I have to use them on my Veilside wheels, & keep loosing the damn things:)

John

cheers John, looks like that's my first call then :)

must resist the temptation to buy rip speed blue led washer jets :blink: