The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just bought a NA supra what to do with her

naybad

Hi all new to the site we have just bout a 1994 na supra. The styling is spot on with a full veilside kit but it needs more grunt. Currently it has an hks filter and a hks super drag cat back zost what i need help on is where to go? What im thinking about is ECU first so i can get the most out of what i got then tune accordingly is this a good idea ??????? Not looking to go down the Turbo route quit yet want to get the most out of it with Na so any help on where to go first will be much appreciated

Unfortunatly mate turbo is the only way your going to see more power unless you have an uber wallet. Full decat will see abit more (maybe 2-5bhp) but apart from that there is nothing else that can be done. Tuning wont make alot of difference as there is nothing to tune.

Welcome Naybad to the wonderful world of the Supra, on the NA there are certain things to look at. Good aftermarket exhaust and double de-cat will release some more ponies, make sure the car is well serviced, check the suspension geometery and if you have the JSpec go for the UKSpec bigger brakes. There isnt much else you can do to give her more grunt on an NA but then again you still have a high performance car. Suspension makes cornering better and bigger brakes means you can brake later into the corners.

I would also consider replacing the HKS mushroom with the stock airbox, OK you dont get the induction "noise" but the filtration on the HKS is appalling and many members on here have ditched the HKS.

Also you will find you don't get any of the lag that you get with turbos and there are less parts to go wrong :)

The car has had a good going over. Use to have an FTO that i spent about 3 K on suspention work so no what i am doing on that front from reading the site i think the HKS mushroom will becoming off goo and quick will try and get some cold air into the engion then prob a header + maping. Then just a little shot of NOS to keep up :)

Well yes as far as power but round a tight track the FTO would keep up with most cars ( had 6 pot AP racing callipers on her so could out brake most to). But i must say the supra drives sooooooooo much better. Only thing is i cant get into my drive so have to get the damm thing sorted hehe

Guest gzaerojon

go for a headlight refurb, less yellow means they will be lighter, the lighter it is, the more time you can shave off those 0 to 60 runs ;)

ok i'll get my coat....

welcome to the club :)

Might be a good idea to look on some of the IS/Altezza forums as there are models that have the same 2JZ-GE engine.

You should be able to get things like lightened pullies, lightened flywheel clutch etc and even possibly uprated cams etc, not sure if the GE using a viscous fan, if it does you could switch to electrics.

Most people only mod the turbo engine but if your wallet is deep enough I am sure you can mod the NA as well, if not just add some NOS.

Good Luck :)