The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much for a perfect Supe setup?

tbourner

Chatting to a mate, we got talking about lottery wins and cars we'd buy etc. I came back to buying a Supra and doing it up fully the way I want it, but basically have no idea of costs for the upper end tuning!

So how much? Can everyone price up my shopping list for me? :D

I'd probably go for a T61, what would be an ideal setup and how much for everything? About 1.4-1.5 bar should do me. FMIC, injectors, BC, etc. Emanage? What's the best (most expensive) controller/ECU?

Then I'd have a nice bodykit, not another Veilside!! Need to look into that but it'd include a Trial rear! :p

Respray in a nice black colour, maybe a light metalflake but otherwise just a deep black.

Black alloys with chrome lip.

G&B retrim interior.

All dash done, lighting and guages, boost controller etc.

Suspension full setup, adjustable for track (Although I'd probably not use it on track), mainly a road setup.

Some other bits maybe like HIDs and tinted rear lights with fog light mod, alarm etc.

And most importantly; the car!!! What's the best starter? A cheap one as I'm changing EVERYTHING, or a good setup to work as a base? Facelift? VVTi? UK/Jap?

I guessed about £30k would get you this amazing Supe, and that's peanuts for a lotto winner!!

If you won the lotto, surely we should be talking about forged pistons and how in gods name we manage to the the big 1000...

Ok, well for the T61 and ECU, I would probably go AEM, as it can control a lot more than T61... Or you could go the forged route and go T78!

Best like I bought mine... One with a cracked piston. Get a short block motor and rebuild the entire thing!!

Well engine build, fueling, ecu, brakes, fmic is going to cost me around 8K. Then the single will cost around 3K. But that is going a little overboard on the fuel setup and hopefully AEM.

Suspension, probably around 1 - 2K, TRD diff £500 plus fitting... Internal rollcage, strut braces, etc... a little more...

I'd hate a T78. Why on earth would you want a 1000bhp road car? I just want a well setup fast road car, with a small quick spooling single not just boost over 5k!! I wouldn't be interested in roll cages and stuff, it needs to be a nice place as well (hence the G&B retrim).

If you won the lotto, surely we should be talking about forged pistons and how in gods name we manage to the the big 1000...

Ok, well for the T61 and ECU, I would probably go AEM, as it can control a lot more than T61... Or you could go the forged route and go T78!

Best like I bought mine... One with a cracked piston. Get a short block motor and rebuild the entire thing!!

Well engine build, fueling, ecu, brakes, fmic is going to cost me around 8K. Then the single will cost around 3K. But that is going a little overboard on the fuel setup and hopefully AEM.

Suspension, probably around 1 - 2K, TRD diff £500 plus fitting... Internal rollcage, strut braces, etc... a little more...

T78 is a strange turbo to be mentioned in a dream supra set up thread. Its old technology now and there are much faster spooling turbos on the market which will make similar power if not more

I would definitly take a German 6spd Aerotop, convert it to RHD then take it to TVR and say "sort the interior gents!" (but please don't touch the electrics).

Not a clue what else- TRD widebody and a pair of shiney twins, dry sump with fully lightened/balanced internals on a VVti engine? I'm sure I could easily blow £150k on the project.