The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I've got a wet a*se!!!

R3DG3CKO ROB

Can't believe it.... First time it rained and my aerotop sprung a leak quicker than the CIA!!!

I've read a couple of threads and I'm gonna try and see if i can tighten it up more. Got some Vaseline but someone said that it eats away at the rubber over time?

It's dripping from the top of the A-frame where the roof meets the windscreen and dropping onto the edge of the front seats.

has anyone found a solution to this and/or how much do new seals cost?

Rob

new seals would cost a good bit I imagine

I had a leak when I had the MKIII CRX Transtop

silicon grease solved the problem for me, thats what is recommend to be using on rubber seals for reconditioning them, I got that from a Honda main dealer at the time, since I was picking up my new front panel :)

you should be able to get them handy enough, hope that will solve your problem like it did for me :)

Don't put vaseline on the seals. It may bring a short term respite, but long term it will rot the seals :(

Use silicone grease as cntt suggested.

You may want to have a look on IMOC, because the MR2 lads are always chatting about seals on the T-tops and they may well be able to point you in the right direction.

Can't believe it.... First time it rained and my aerotop sprung a leak quicker than the CIA!!!

I've read a couple of threads and I'm gonna try and see if i can tighten it up more. Got some Vaseline but someone said that it eats away at the rubber over time?

It's dripping from the top of the A-frame where the roof meets the windscreen and dropping onto the edge of the front seats.

has anyone found a solution to this and/or how much do new seals cost?

Rob

silocone spray,

its used to refresh rubbers like when your windows stick, worked a treat on my roof rubbers :thumbs:

someone said before holts silcon spray halfords dont do holts anymore as i tried only place i could find was for traders only anyone else know where to get silcon grease or the spray i also figured out dont put the windows down in heavy rain as when you put it back up it pushes the roof rubber up slighty and thats why it leaks or stop and open the door and put the window up i found that works

someone said before holts silcon spray halfords dont do holts anymore as i tried only place i could find was for traders only anyone else know where to get silcon grease or the spray i also figured out dont put the windows down in heavy rain as when you put it back up it pushes the roof rubber up slighty and thats why it leaks or stop and open the door and put the window up i found that works

Just get the normal halfords stuff it will do the same thing ;)

Nice one SteveO :) I forgot about eBay. I gave the silicone spray a go yesterday after yet another unproductive trip to Halfords and it seems to have worked as it rained again last night.

Oh yeah, just to give you guys a laugh at my expense, I got caught with my roof off on Saturday going to Kettering and got completely soaked!!! Luckily had the towels i was using to keep the seats dry so I managed to dry it down after I got the roof back on :)

Not helpful at all but glad I didn't get an Aerotop. Especially as winters setting in, we're getting ready for torrential downpours and hail the size of golf-balls and acidic rain........na I made the last part up.

Good luck anyway bud. Thought about driving with a cagoule on?:p

Also check that the drivers side door window is fitted correctly months of trying to source a leak on my old car resulted in finding just that, a badly adjusted window, it was hard to spot as well.

I didn't have time to go into it earlier as I was on my way out the door. The window can be adjusted up and down on its mounts it tilts inboard and outboard by quite a long way at the top, it also moves backwards and forwards on its mounts. After a significant amount of testing I discovered that it only had to be a gnats nad out in any one of the three adjustments and it would leak in somewhere. For ages it would only do it when I was on the move in the rain.

I think it could be the window, When I took the roof off on Sunday to use the silicone spray I turned it upside down and noticed that the rubber seal that should sit either side of the glass was squashed and twisted...

The silicone spray has really helped as it's only leaking on the drivers side now and only a fraction of what it was before :) I ordered some of that silicone grease from fleabay so I recon that should finnish the job...