The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stalling Problems.

Kn1ght

When I pulling up at a set of traffic lights my engine occasionally starts revving between 300 and down to 900 with the oil pressure also going up and down and then it stalls after a restart all is back to normal. it's happened twice now both times after about a hour of driving. the car pulls ok after and before.

Any Ideas?

Ive been having the same problem mate. even this morning on the way to work...started the car and it was idling lower than usual. everytime i stopped the revs just dropped. Didnt stall though (touch wood).

Been told it could be idle control valve needs a clean, pressure hoses leaking, dodgy petrol.

Be interesting to find out what it is.

You got UK spec mate?

Surj

Surj,

Thanks for the reply I was beginning to think this sort of fault never happens on Supra's.

I've got a J-spec, I always put Otimax in, where is the Idle Control Valve, I was thinking of checking all the vacuum pipes, it was similar to when my manifold pressure pipe blew off, the only thing is I can’t check when it stalls if there is smoke because when I restart all is ok again. :rolleyes:

Mmm from what i know this is a common thing. Do a search on idle control valve, theres some pics on here of the valve and how to clean it. I gave mine a quick clean but still doing it. might give another go and soak it this time.

My guess is the hoses leaking so ill be checking mine.

Surj

This gives me loads to go on with, did a search on the Idle control valve I can see there is quite a bit about it out there.

if it's a faulty O2 sensor looks like I'll need to get the car mapped again, as I was running rich, I had the APEXI S-AFC II tunning altered, if my O2 sensor is faulty I then get it fixed will I be running lean?

Please can this be moved to the Tech section?

Thanks for your help guys

Ross