The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate selling cars.

Sub_Culture

Could never do it as a living. So fed up of idiots already. The world is full of timewasting bastards.

They translate 'may PX for MR2 Turbo, M3, Impreza' into a gold Audi A3 with floral tissue box on the back shelf.

And the amount of idiots who ask a price, then recoil in horror when I say £7500 cash without the stereo like Im asking WAYYY too much, cas they all know a mate who is selling one for £3k... FED UP WITH IT!!!

Now here's an idea... if I stripped my car of EVERYTHING, would I get more than that amount of money? I mean, someone must want a new windscreen, spark plugs, little random springs in the middle if the engine etc etc....

Andy

tell me about it the amount of winey buggers moaning about mine not having a set wheels (look in the pictures godsake it has wheels silly people ) spoiler pisses me off even better when you mention you can get a set of wheels second hand for around 5 - 600 they ask can you take that off the price then aye sure when pigs fly and the cheeky sod that said all he would give me is 4k as its hasnt any wheels spoiler or an exhaust as he would have to spend more getting them pest rant over

Dont be daft man, look at your car, it looks fantastic as it is, everyone is just trying to pick up a bargain, just like you would if you where buying, youve just gotta give it the i dont want to sell it attitude and wait for the right buyer! Someone will fall in love with it!

Youra always gonne get timewasters, thats car selling for you, just stick to your guns, tell em this is the minimum ill take, if you cant give me that then its not selling to you!

Some buyers just think by turning up that they can knock you further down, tell em on the phone that this is the minimum ill take, your welcome to come and check it out, just keep drumming it in to em that the minimum is whatever price before they come to look, this should get rid of the timewasters!

I always overprice the car by 500 and knock that off either on the phone as they usually ask what price for cash etc or when they come to look! If 500 isnt enough off the price of the car then there's something wrong with the buyer, this is all of course if the cars spot on and needs no work, there's no reason to knock money of the price of a car that needs no work!

i am trying to convince my g/f's bro to have it, but he is 19 and refuses to pay the high insurance!

ebay it?

im close to considering it, but they go so cheap on ebay :( but will get the car out there and seen i suppose, ill be hiding the abflug when anyone comes to see the car or they'll never buy the other one lol

Could never do it as a living. So fed up of idiots already. The world is full of timewasting bastards.

They translate 'may PX for MR2 Turbo, M3, Impreza' into a gold Audi A3 with floral tissue box on the back shelf.

And the amount of idiots who ask a price, then recoil in horror when I say £7500 cash without the stereo like Im asking WAYYY too much, cas they all know a mate who is selling one for £3k... FED UP WITH IT!!!

Now here's an idea... if I stripped my car of EVERYTHING, would I get more than that amount of money? I mean, someone must want a new windscreen, spark plugs, little random springs in the middle if the engine etc etc....

Andy

have a "good chat" before they come to view, it saves wasting eachothers time!

nothing wrong with a bit of haggling but i hate it when people pick out stuff desperately tryin to get you to lower the price!