The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hopefully buying a Supra this sunday!!!

TREG

;) Hi Chaps,

The Mrs is now ready to treat herself to a n/a Supra.She has found one she likes,manual,L reg,74k on the clock.

We are going to look/buy the car this sunday.

I have a Gtr33 myself,so am after tips of what to look for when buying a Supra.

Is there any common faults that they suffer from??:rolleyes:

The warning lights tend to play up on the right of the dash where the ABS and oil lights are so make sure when you turn ignition on they are lit but when engine starts they go out. My ABS doesn't work at the moment so my light is always on. If I give it a tap it goes out (but the ABS still doesn't work!!)

Having trouble getting the FAQ section to work,it keeps stating no finds!:(

For a 3L N/A,does that still run on Super unleaded as my Gtr?

Or will it run ok on standard unleaded??:search:

i used standard stuff if going on long trips (better fuel ecco.) and put Super in every two to three fills on mine was fine ,!!!;)

until last monday when i wrote it off no tc/rltc !!!!

(hence they bite):blink: :innocent:

That sounds good advice.

you dont need RLTC mate unless your putting out serious power, its a waste of money in my opinion....a much cheaper alternative is to regulate your right foot when its wet!! ive never used it and never will as I never drive hard in the wet

spend the money you save on getting a ful service and oil change ;)

You will be ok on standard unleded mate

you dont need RLTC mate unless your putting out serious power, its a waste of money in my opinion....a much cheaper alternative is to regulate your right foot when its wet!! ive never used it and never will as I never drive hard in the wet

spend the money you save on getting a ful service and oil change ;)

Yes, I agree with the servicing first, start with the basics etc.

RLTC is good. It's all well and good saying you can regulate your right foot, but it's for those moments when you're caught unawares that it is useful. That dodgy camber in the road or the oil on the roundabout.

RLTC make the car more drivable in the wet. I bought it as I didn't want to have to regulate my right foot, and actually accelerate a little in the wet with some confidence.

You don't have to drive hard to loose the back end.

Yes, I agree with the servicing first, start with the basics etc.

RLTC is good. It's all well and good saying you can regulate your right foot, but it's for those moments when you're caught unawares that it is useful. That dodgy camber in the road or the oil on the roundabout.

RLTC make the car more drivable in the wet. I bought it as I didn't want to have to regulate my right foot, and actually accelerate a little in the wet with some confidence.

You don't have to drive hard to loose the back end.

or you hit big pot hole and supention gives way!!!

been there!!;)

but any luck else were there a few around at the mo....!!!