The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT Battle /D1 this weekend at Silverstone

Branners

Guys,

we have been offered a club stand at the GT Battle / D1 event at Silverstone this coming Sunday (20th August).

The club stand is free but you will need to pay the entrance fee. Tickets are normally £20 on the gate, but they will do them for £13 if you are part of the mkivsupra.net club.

I need to know names by Friday evening (18th August) to let the organisers know how many will be on the stand.

Paul Whiffin will be running his supra under the mkivsupra.net name so it would be good to get people down there to cheer him on.

So who wants to be on the club stand?

JB

is this type of event just not popular or was it too short notice?

If I get something in September at Rockingham would that be better?

JB

Aaah a pity this wasn't sooner, I will be going but will be parked up with the fduk lot :rolleyes:

Should be a good fun surprised more people haven't registered interest ...

Ill be down JB, only thing is ill be in the Laguna..welcome to have that on the stand :D shes a right sporty number :)

On a serious note.. will i need a membership card to get my entrance discount :) as i havent recieved one? Can you tell im from Yorkshire :D

Look forward to meeting a few members..shame i cant get down in the TRD2000GT .. just dont make these thigns big enough for kids!

I needed to confirm numbers of people who would be on the club stand and therefore getting the discount but I didnt have anybody say they were going so I dont think discount is possible. Perhaps ask for Lex or Claire at the gate but dont be surprised if its a no. I do believe they have a club stand booked for us (but not confirmed) so they may just be able to put you on the club stand.

JB

Both I think... the drift events dont attract many Supra owners at all usually.

Yes, but don't forget there is circuit racing as well (time attack). This more so than the drifting is of interest to me - not forgetting the fact that one of our members is one of the participants ;)

Who's that then? Future Motorsports?

When I went to the Rockingham there and I was the only member there but for M6Beg who was hanging out with his Skyline chums and Baldy who was talking pics :)

Our very own Mr Whiffin. He put a post of the event up in his section - perhaps that is why it was missed...? I think also that Future Motorsports were going to be one of the participants also.

Cheers m8. I just checked his post in the Whifbitz forum. I saw the time attack at Rockingham too :)

http://www.b;) obbeh.co.uk/images/Rockingham/

You are most welcome. Thanks for the link to the photos - very good quality. This will be the first such event i am going to so I'm really looking forward to it. Speaking of good photos, you should come along and take some more shots :-)))

Yeah, I'll be up there :) You dragged me into it

Heh heh. A pity you missed the Supra (forum member m6 beg) running during the practice sessions. It was certainly holding its own and from

my vantage point (pit straight) was plenty fast! Just a pity the discs couldn't hold up for the timed runs :-(

Definitely a good day out!

Oh yeah, almost forgot, where are the pics? LOL!

Rgds,