The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Standard 0-60 times

Guest DODS

Hi i joined a while ago when i was goin to buy a supra but money troubles meant i couldnt get one but i am now nearly ready to get one :) was just wondering if anyone could tell me the standard 0-60 times of the different models of supra

Cheers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing you have to remember is 0-60 times on paper are often quite different to what is achievable on the road.

The auto on paper is slower, 5.6 is the stated 0-60 and 4.9 is the manual

However to get that 4.9 0-60 in the manual you have to shift like the stig, perfect every time. And most will struggle to do this

The auto has been reported to be much faster than the manual because it shifts for you the same every time. and thus in a real world situation can be quicker.

but this can all very.

the bottom line is, there isnt a real difference in the supra between the auto and the manual. nothing that you would notice really on the road. i have a standard auto supra tt and its mentally quick. Because its an auto, its incredibly smooth too. For me, i prefer it to the manual now because its such a good auto box. The manual too is great, and i would have a manual every time in another car, as there arent many auto boxes as good as the soops.

The thing is, if i had bought a manual in the first place i would no doubt love that. But just dont discredit the auto box as being rubbish or a cop out, it really is just as good just different.

I have an auto TT and as quick as it is, actually getting it off the line is a pain in the arse.

I've no doubt that the standard manual TT would beat a standard auto TT because you can dump the clutch at decent revs to get the monster moving. Autos you have to either power brake (which makes me nervous) or launch it from tickover.

I remember having a few drag races in my manual against Terrible Turners' auto on an old airfield at Bovington. Although both ours were not standard (mine BPU, his BPU+) we were neck and neck from start to about 90 mph but only if i managed to change gear spot on everytime. A couple of times I hit the rev limit or over cooked the launch and so he beat me. :tongue:

So yes basically they are pretty much evens but you are less likely to cock it up in an auto.;)

If i remember correctly when James rigged me up to his GPS system i got a 4.6sec 0-60mph ?

James do you agree/remember ?

Guest dee_rz

people are saying it's hard to get the book 0-60 4.9 but didn't two people hit 4.9 at bruntters in j tuner and they were stock or had just an air filter or something which most will no doesn't often give any power, i'd like to know my 0-60 on pod if they did that shame they don't record 0-60 :)

• 2 months later...
Ok... All this about the N/A's and TT's... What about the single Turbo Supra??? Any1 know about that? And whats the Turbo LAG like and/or how can you fix it bcuz i've heard its quite big on supra's - Specially the TT's.

You fix it by removing the turbo. No turbo lag!

N/A manual about 6.5 maybe a little lower if your lucky (6.3-6.4)

N/A Auto mid to high 6's

TT Manual 4.9 (if you can change like the stig)

TT Auto 5.6

NA manual is quoted at 6.6sec 0-60. So in reality the average driver probably would be able to get a 0-60 time in the high 6's to low 7's

SimonB, I think the 5.1 0-60 time comes from the J-spec 6-speeds and the 4.9 0-60 time is the UK-spec 6-speeds. (Just going from memory on various websites and various 'official' quoted figures if they can all be believed).

But the stock 0-60 times are usually irrelavent due to the fact that most Supras will be on different tyres and in various states of tune.

Put a big enough engine and tyres sticky enough and you could see sub-3 seconds to 60 if you wish !

0-60 for a single?

Big question that as it depends on the size of the turbo you put on. The bigger the turbo, (generally) the slower it spools up and gets on boost. (But when it does it really takes off.)

With a single, 0-60 isn't really where the car's aimed at. Look at 60-140 and it'll be a huge difference over stock. 0-60 in some cases could actually be slower in a single.

My 0 to 60 is rubbish as I've got stiff suspension, hard sidewall tyres, a manual box, and no talent (well, I've hardly ever done hard standing starts). Probably between 5 and 6 seconds.

It will however go from 70 to 100mph in just under 3 seconds :)

-Ian