The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick question about the N/A.

GazzaGSi

As it may differ for TT's I dont know.

Should the NA's have some kind of warning tone to let you know your headlights are still on when the engine is off and you open the door?

The reason I ask is because my battery is now flat as ive left my headlights on :( Was dull this morning when I took the mrs to work but got lighter as I drove home, therefore me no realising they were on when I left the vehicle. Just come to start the car and all I get is multiple clicks and no start :complain: What a rookie mistake :(

So should there be some kind of warning or not?

What a drag :drag:

Will this battery be ok to recharge or should I just buy a new one.

Thanks

Gaz

This seems to be one of the strange things about Supras. Some have the lights on warning tone, some switch the lights off automatically, some don't have either. Some chime when you open the door with the keys in, some don't. And some have a reversing beeper and some don't.

This seems to be one of the strange things about Supras. Some have the lights on warning tone, some switch the lights off automatically, some don't have either. Some chime when you open the door with the keys in, some don't. And some have a reversing beeper and some don't.

Yeah, my lights go off when the key's removed and I don't have a warning tone (TT). Chimes when I open the door though, but no reversing beep. :shrug:

Mine is a K reg NA it has the ignition solid tone and also the headlight chiming. Dose your speedo,rev,fuel guages light up when the lights are on? if not its the fuse as that also does the light chiming (but not the ignition) it is a 10A one located in drivers foot well labled Guages

Mine has auto lights, it gets dark they come on you get out they turn off. Wicked bit of lazyness!

Mine has this but dont know how to use it lol just a round thing on the dash with buttons and turny things lol

My 96 supra makes an on off noise when the door is opened and a continuous noise when lights are on dont know if it would be different on yours.

hope this helps any

Mine has this but dont know how to use it lol just a round thing on the dash with buttons and turny things lol

The button on the side turns the auto function on and off

The button on the top enables headlights to be used on the auto function (not just side lights),

The slider / rotator thing turns up and down the sensitivity of when the lights come on (darker/lighter)

Now you know ;)