The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winter protection..

wkdtime

Recently brought Cr's In Gold and im still waiting to put them on, as some of you know the chrome/polished lip on these are not laquered so are prone to oxidiation (Saltwater etc).

So what do you guys think is the best thing i should do?

1.Get the wheels laquered (if so any reccomendations)

2.Use Zoop Seal.

(Storing the wheels is not an option, besides my supe is a weekend car)

Cheers:)

No idea m8.. could be a pain finding someone who can take the wheels apart, and it could be costly. I dont know how tricky they are to work on. Gaz should be able to advise you on how Racing Harts are constructed, and how, if you chose the Zoopseal option, it is applied.

No idea m8.. could be a pain finding someone who can take the wheels apart, and it could be costly. I dont know how tricky they are to work on. Gaz should be able to advise you on how Racing Harts are constructed, and how, if you chose the Zoopseal option, it is applied.

Racing Harts are a welded split rim so to take them apart you need to grind the weld out which is a fooking ridiculous idea

put a cheap set on for 7 months out of the year, keep the others fresh in the garage:)

or instead of that buy ia 500 quid runabout and use that in the winter

I have a run around, Supe is just the weekend car, still just want to be safe than sorry.

If you protect them with a wax sealant and a carnauba wax and wash them regularly i think you will be ok.

I use Klass sealant glaze, and p21s caranauba wax. I use these on my bodywork but have also used them on my wheels it doesn't let the brake dust and grime settle meaning you can just wash with a sponge and water.