The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£2750 spent so far on my single conversion

Marty

Yup, it is a pricey business going single, just worked out what ive spent so far :blink: ive bought....

A phr stage one turbo

Hks 50mm wastegate,

single turbo manifold,

3" heatcoated downpipe and midpipe,

Map Ecu and harness,

Oil Feed pipes,

Oil Return Pipes,

Greddy 3row and pipes,

Aem wideband sensor,

screamer pipe, and probably bits i cant remember.

I still need

Plugs,

decent oil, 10w-50 or 10w-60,

injectors (going to stick with 550cc's for a few months),

fuel regulator,

clutch (when mine gives up :eyebrows: ),

new fuel pump... my uk spec will be fine, although its 10years old so a new one cant hurt.

Alot of the parts ive bought are sencond hand too, so if you aint got a spare £4k dont even think about a single conversion :blink: Plus im fitting it all myself so saving a load on labour.

Thats not to bad at all price wise! but i know what you mean it is still a far amount of cash :) I've spent much more than that :( but never mind! What made you go for the Map ECU? Who does the Mapping over here?

Dont get me wrong i love the twin turbo set up and the low down pull but after driving a few single turbo set ups i just thought i have to go that way! I was so impressed by a friends setup who was running about 550bhp ish and its very quick much more than BPU and still really streetable!

Hell yeah, mine should have been a shade over this in total, but i keep adding to it and changing things :D But she'll be worth it.

well said that man!!

my budget went from around the £5k-£7K figure.. then it doubled and is still going up.. not because of failures but because i kept finding newer mods all the time and then you find yourself fitting parts that may even be overkill but you so want the very best for your car and once the bug gets you there is no escape..:blink:

you will love it matey and no-matter how much you spend, every time you hit the pedal every muscle in your body goes into orgasm beacuse of the rush you get from all the hard work.. there is nothing like it bud..

welcome to single life:)