The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help - Need bodyshop in west mids

Sheefa

I have used W.M.A.R.C before. Paintwork was good. They could have straightened out the edge of my boot better though, and left the new bootlock in-line properly instead of pushed in a bit. Painting was OK though. That's West Midlands Accident Repair Centre, in Dudley.

I use a bodyshop in Whitchurch, they have just finished an absolutely superb job on my Skyline that I stuffed into the tyre wall at Oulton. They painted a used front wing, a used door and fitted and painted a new rear 1/4 panel. Also painted front and rear bumpers and did minor repair to front bumper. Side and rear glass out, small screen pillar repair (dent from door mirror). 1600 quid. I supplied all the panels, so that's paint and labour only...They aren't cheap, but I am adamant you get exactly what you pay for with bodywork. They do 90% of Alan Minshaws' (ex Demon Tweaks boss) exotic race car collection, so they are very good indeed, he's not daft enough to leave million of quids worth of historic racecars with numpties.

Thanks all. Chris, how much do you think it'll be for the above then? As you know, i've spent a bit getting my car done with you (all very good work I hope!) and am looking to get this done professionally but not at a high expense. Best of both worlds please!

Sheefa theres a place down here ive used in the past their called Morton Motors they are really really good insurance authorised repairers aswell, prices are very competitive also.. They repaired a crunched up wing and bumper back to brand spanking new and resprayed it and completely blended in with the rest of the car too. can vouch for their work, down in leicester that is.

Have a look at my Skyline when you pick the MKIV up, and if you are intereasted they are open until 12.00 on Saturday and only 10 mnutes from me. They can give you a quote. It used to look like this:

Holy shite! You made a good job of it.

Chris got his car back today so maybe he's not had chance to take pics yet. He sounds a happy bunny though.

I use a bodyshop in Whitchurch, they have just finished an absolutely superb job on my Skyline that I stuffed into the tyre wall at Oulton. They painted a used front wing, a used door and fitted and painted a new rear 1/4 panel. Also painted front and rear bumpers and did minor repair to front bumper. Side and rear glass out, small screen pillar repair (dent from door mirror). 1600 quid. I supplied all the panels, so that's paint and labour only...They aren't cheap, but I am adamant you get exactly what you pay for with bodywork. They do 90% of Alan Minshaws' (ex Demon Tweaks boss) exotic race car collection, so they are very good indeed, he's not daft enough to leave million of quids worth of historic racecars with numpties.

Chris, what is the name of this bodyshop? I need a few quotes for some minor damage an old bat caused to my Supe. :( TIA.

Thanks Chris. I've just taken mine to a local bodyshop called PL CARBODIES who do loads of professional insurance work. They had loads or Porsches and Ferraris in there plus the new F430 Spider- very nice. It'll cost no doubt (with a nice discount as a friend of a friend) but apparently when they're done mopping the whole car it looks like a full respray! Can't wait.

Will post pics when done!

Thanks Chris. I've just taken mine to a local bodyshop called PL CARBODIES who do loads of professional insurance work. They had loads or Porsches and Ferraris in there plus the new F430 Spider- very nice. It'll cost no doubt (with a nice discount as a friend of a friend) but apparently when they're done mopping the whole car it looks like a full respray! Can't wait.

Will post pics when done!

I could be interested just in getting mine mopped, clear up some surface scratches - please do update us with contact info and the job they made of yours.

Thanks.