The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgent - Admin Please Read - Fake Supra For Sale

Sheefa

ADMIN PLEASE CAN YOU PIN THIS AS THIS INVOLVES THE POLICE AND MASS DECEPTION.

Ok guys, here's the score. Today I had a great friendly guy round my house called Stu who spoke to my mum about my supra. Someone had copied the ebay listing that I bought it off including the registration plate on the photos and listed it temselves for sale. It was said to be based in Italy and due to be flown over here to the higest bidder.

Stu had unfortunately paid £3,000 for the Supra in the hope it would arrive, yet this was yet another case of deception. Really feel for this guy, he's a member of the Supra forum too. This has massive implications. I am the legal owner, have the registratio doc and all paperwork etc and met the seller for exchange over 3 weeks ago, but who knows who else has been conned by tis.

If you have bought a car from Italy or another location and you've paid for it or are in the process of doing so please contact me urgently. My name is Greg and my number is 07973865154. For obvious reasons I cannot disclose the registration, but it's a K reg and ends in N. The police have been notified.

This is truly a sick world and my thoughts are with Stu who saved his money for this car only to be stitched up by the scum that walks our earth. Sorry bud.

Thanks all and please beware when buying a car from anywhere!

ADMIN PLEASE CAN YOU PIN THIS AS THIS INVOLVES THE POLICE AND MASS DECEPTION.

Ok guys, here's the score. Today I had a great friendly guy round my house called Stu who spoke to my mum about my supra. Someone had copied the ebay listing that I bought it off including the registration plate on the photos and listed it temselves for sale. It was said to be based in Italy and due to be flown over here to the higest bidder.

Stu had unfortunately paid £3,000 for the Supra in the hope it would arrive, yet this was yet another case of deception. Really feel for this guy, he's a member of the Supra forum too. This has massive implications. I am the legal owner, have the registratio doc and all paperwork etc and met the seller for exchange over 3 weeks ago, but who knows who else has been conned by tis.

If you have bought a car from Italy or another location and you've paid for it or are in the process of doing so please contact me urgently. My name is Greg and my number is 07973865154. For obvious reasons I cannot disclose the registration, but it's a K reg and ends in N. The police have been notified.

This is truly a sick world and my thoughts are with Stu who saved his money for this car only to be stitched up by the scum that walks our earth. Sorry bud.

Thanks all and please beware when buying a car from anywhere!

which supra forum? What is his username?

i thought ebay had banned western union payments???

i thought this too,.

before i got my supra i was after a FTO gpx.,

i found a blood red one,.

the guy in the ebay ad left his number,.

i phoned him to ask a few small questions about the car,.

i said id think about it,.

next thing he`s phoning me back - telling me that if a send him the money by western union on that day he would drive down with the car.....

yeh right !!!

he phoned me back about 5 times that nite.

obviously i didnt buy it.

I'm sure Western Union was designed by fraudsters for fraudsters. That need closing down in a massive crackdown on all this fraud thats happening.

Western Union is fine. It's only like sending money by post. You just need to be careful that's all. I have sent lots of large WU payments to China, Romania, Florida... no problems so far.

Had a similar experience when I bought my bike.

I bought it off ebay from a dealer in Florida, then a few weeks later some scammer had it up for sale again on ebay using the same picture as the guy who sold it to me (obvious, as the dealer's sign was in the background)!!

Seen loads for sale on a "send me the money and I'll send you the bike" basis.

Yeah, right.....