The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V-band flange and clamp Where to get one??

gsportcars

Hi guys,

i have bought the XS power TO4 turbo, manifold and 50mm wastegate from the states. I e-mailed them when the kit arrived as I wasn't sure if there was supposed to be a fitting for the turbo to downpipe (v-band clamp) they said i need to weld a V-band flange to the turbo and then get a V-band clamp to fit the flange. I have never used this method before and don't know anything about it:rolleyes: . any info would be useful.

Also does anybody know the best place to source the flange and the clamp??

Thanks.:)

The turbo dosnt have a flange built on?? then you may be getter getting the exhaust side drilled and tapped for a flange to bolt on, rather than trying to get a flange welded to it?? dont know if anyone had welded a flange to the turbo hotside but i wouldnt trust it.

I have a sapre 3" vband flange if you want, can be picked up in Crumlin.

Marty

The PHR turbo units have a welded on V band flange.

Arn't they a cold steel flange dan?? ive an SS one here, but it would be useless welding it to anything other than a downpipe. Problem is when welding to cast you need a pretty heavy welder.

Il have a look on line to see if i can find any Steel V-bands.

Bout yee Marty we speak again!

When would you be about to have a look at that flange. I can bring the tubbie with me to see if it will suit ok.

I am 99% sure it is a 3" and not a 2.5"

Will be about next week, but colin is in at the minute, he'll have a look at it just to check the size. He may be able to weld a steel V-band to the turbo, but i'l need to find one. Call into the Autoplex any time during the week sure.

Guest dee_rz

Turbofit who are on here can get you some and they stock them too, you'll get them damn quick too, top notch guys :) :cool:

01908614971 ask for sam or greg

07908640288 same again :) :cool: