The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Arrghh Churchill have renewed my insurance automatically

spackrackman

I had this with Direct Line - they only mention in the smallprint that they will renew until you say otherwise. I just phoned them up and told them I hadn't realised and didn't want to stay with them and they refunded in full.

I had this with Direct Line - they only mention in the smallprint that they will renew until you say otherwise. I just phoned them up and told them I hadn't realised and didn't want to stay with them and they refunded in full.

i was with direct line, and it was easy to cancel. took forever to get the proof of no-claims certificate from them which i needed to insure the Supra.

I would've thought the insurers would have to send you a new form to autograph because its like an annual contract with insurers isn't it....

i used to just phone them up on the due date, and pay by credit card over the phone.

i only needed to contact them by mail with regard to policy if my situation or details had changed

Its all good, I was within the 14 day cooling off period and apparently they dont take payment in the 1st 7days. I have now gone with sky who have insured me fully comp with an agreed price and mods for only 50 quid more than churchill were charging for TPFT and no mods.

Thanks for the help chaps

They are well within their rights to renew it automatically. It will be in the small print on your policy documents. You do however have a 14 day cooling off period to cancel. Thats how it worked when i was an insurance advisor for Budget Insurance anyway. If not just tell them that you sold the car before the renewal date.

As previously stated, you are within the day cooling off period. But because you have theoretically taken out another years contract, and they have issued a Certificate for the next months...they will ask for the cert back, and probably a decleration from yourself to state that you will not be entitled to make a claim between the dates of the renewal + the date they receive the certificate back, basically it retracts their interest (liability) for any Third Party claims from the date the policy renewed.

If they do not obtain this decleration from you then they can still be classed as 'Article 75 Insurers' even though you returned the certificate. They do it to cover their backs.