The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash respraying and tidying

monkey76364

I just spent last weekend taking the dsh out, sanding all theat rubber crap off... took some time but satisfying, then preparing and painting it.

I will post some pics in a little while, will have to pop out and take them.(***edited ***now added) Please ignor the purple gaitors have yet to change them :(

Is there any trader on here that does this as I was thinking of offering my services but wouldnt want to step on any ones toes :) ...

I found it quiet theraputic to to and very satisfying to see a nice new dash as I drive !!!!

Just noticed....I must take the tape off where i covered the oil light ect ...ops ;) lol

000_1211.JPG

000_1212.JPG

000_1213.JPG

000_1214.JPG

The easiest way to get the rubberised coating off is to use meths or white spirit and a rough cloth, on old worn out panels the coating rubs off quite easily. This method is a LOT easier than scraping or sanding off, I know as I must have done about a dozen sets so far :)

I offer cf effect coated dash panels, but not painted panels.