The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Service

Robbo

Hi everyone, just after a bit advice from you experts.......

I have had my Supra for 4 months now, it is a 1996 N/A with 49500 miles on the clock. It has had an MOT done when i bought it and the garage changed the oil and filter and it has had a new cam belt. I use the car every day for work and i have put about 5000 miles on roughly since i bought it (my job involves a lot of driving). I have booked it in to have a full service for peace of mind. Iam going to get the garage to change the oil again and i have bought a TRD oil filter, change the rear brake pads as they are on their way out and also put some irridium plugs in. Is there anything else i might need to know about or look out for or get changed when i put it into the garage for service. Everything seems ok with the car apart from sometimes when i put it into gear it feels like it is grinding in a bit (yes clutch is dipped properly!). Sorry if this thread sounds silly its just this is my first Toyota Supra and i want to know how to look after it as best i can due to the high mileage im doing in it ;)

Thanks

Robbo

Change gearbox oil id say will help with a smoother gear change. Have you got the 5 or 6 speed NA as its a different oil needed in each as they are a different box iirc.

5-speed box Recommended Oil = Any 75w/90 Gear oil should be ok. Motul Gear300 is a good option.

Maybe also change the following depending on when they where last changed:-, coolant, clutch fluid, pas fluid, brake fluid, fuel filter, air filter, diff oil if it has one, check o2 sensor!