The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT fuel consumption

Dave Henshall

how many litres does the tank hold and how many miles do you get to a tank of optimax?

does an auto make much difference on the MPG? what are they like cruising and being tatered?

70 litres, depends how you drive to how many miles you get, auto a little bit more, and i don,t know what tatered means ;)

how many litres does the tank hold and how many miles do you get to a tank of optimax?

does an auto make much difference on the MPG? what are they like cruising and being tatered?

I think but I may be wrong, that the UK spec holds 70 litres and the Jspec 65.

Miles per tank will vary greatly on how you drive it but most will say around 280-300miles ish. But some have seen around 80-90 miles from a TANK on track days etc!

Big singles are surprisingly fuel efficient off boost, however, watch the needle drop (literally!) on boost!

I drive an auto. The only real world comparison I can make between and auto and manual was last year coming back from Le Mans, a friend of mine was following in a TT6. He used about 1/3 of a tank full more than me (it was a spirited drive for about 120 odd miles!) as he said he had to hold it in gear more, as I would always get the drop on him because of kickdown!

Hope that helps.

Cruising I would say around 25mpg. If you are blasting around then the mpg is a lot less, in fact I would swear I can see the needle dropping when the second tubby kicks in ;)

I normally get around 250 miles from 60 litres of Optimax with my regular driving which is mainly cruising with the occasional blast.

Well, I've owned both, and I could easily get better economy from the manual. I think once you start 'playing' with auto's, you start to loose the economy as you tend to be in lower gears so that they don't get away so easily. Where as Auto drivers can poodle along quite economically, then just floor it and the car does the rest of the work and shoots off!

I get nowhere near 24mpg in my auto TT from daily driving.

When it was stock I'd get about 25-30miles to £10 worth of fuel. That's approx just under 15mpg.

It's only got worse since going BPU. I reckon on a good motorway run I got 260 miles to £65. That's about 20mpg.

When it was stock I'd get about 25-30miles to £10 worth of fuel. That's approx just under 15mpg.

It's only got worse since going BPU. I reckon on a good motorway run I got 260 miles to £65. That's about 20mpg.

thats not right. something aint quite right there mate.

Mine is about the same as this a the moment, I think the 02 sensor is fecked!:(

thats not right. something aint quite right there mate.

Well I did originally think my mpg was quite bad so I started a thread on it yonks ago. I got mixed a response but the general opinion was this was normal!

I do drive with a heavy right foot but I never really see anything out of the teens mpg wise.

Normal driving, mainly town, but some 10-20 mile runs I'll get 17-19 mpg out of my auto Supra.

motorway driving, as long as you keep to the limit ;) it's a lot better, probably 25-28 mpg (maybe more)

Give it plenty of stick, and it drops alarmingly :)

I don't cane the life out of it, but I wouldn't say that I drive with economy in mind :D

If I feel like flooring it for a blast, then I'll do it ;)