The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Mushroom Filters

DamanC

Basically i need a new mushroom filter. Current one it came with is fooked and its not going anywhre near the car til i replace the filter.

Firstly where ive seen them advertised they state they are 150mm or 200mm however upon removing the filter and laying it flat its 250mm :search:

Secondly anyone recomend where to get one from?

cheers :)

Hi Daman

200mm is the diameter of the filter when attached ie the plastic body of the filter.

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/intake/spf_maint/img/spf-r_2.gif

Replacement filter available if here needed, £20 each including postage.

cheer

I've not heard of a shagged Supra engine due to these yet but they aren't very good, and I do know of two skyline engines/turbos that have gone south because of their lack of filtration. Personally I'd ditch the HKS and get the Apexi intake, or a K&N if they do them. You just have to look at the filter design to see you can poke boulders through the mesh ;)

-Ian

I've not heard of a shagged Supra engine due to these yet but they aren't very good, and I do know of two skyline engines/turbos that have gone south because of their lack of filtration. Personally I'd ditch the HKS and get the Apexi intake, or a K&N if they do them. You just have to look at the filter design to see you can poke boulders through the mesh ;)

-Ian

what about people who run no filter, or just a bit of meshed wire, lol

I seem to remember a thread ages ago - where people highlighted which filter they were running when their turbos went (Homer perhaps?)

Just too much flak in the search routines

I included myself with the other 5 (?) who were running HKS at the time - just too much to be a coincidence!

yes, paul e is selling the apexi for 99.50 delivered

2 of us (just this morning) have taken Paul up on this offer - my HKS mushy will be in retirement by the end of the week. Bloody good price as well.:thumbs:

.........................changed the 'Mushy' for this reason (good point; well presented Sir):

I think that's lunacy, I mean really is the power increase so huge it's worth ruining your built engine for? If I spent ten grand on an engine my air filter would be like a water purifier