The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Guage any good?

jamesmark

I don't know really. Getting it from a reputable dealer should ensure you get a genuine one. Getting it from [1]KAR Racing or [2]eBay may not.

(Where [1]

Got it from a member on here unsure where he got it from, cost me £60 but even then thats nothing to go by it looks the real deal but you can never tell sometimes.

Before you do mate, dont suppose you could do me a favour and send me a pic of the plugs that go in the back of the gauge, either pm or post on here.

I will no doubt forget so please please send me a PM tonight after 6pm, why you ask as this is the last time I am on before i go home. I will try and remember I will take a pic of everything

Very easy to fit, I fitted mine in around 30 mins.! all you need to some vacuum hose and a t-piece..! There is a fitting guide somewhere around, I used that and had no probs.

It has the tubes and T piece in the box and whole other stuff, but my idea of technical is getting the beetroot jar open and not getting it all over me, but I am going have a go lol

Should be easy, take the vacuum hose from the engine bay using the t-piece, think the feed comes off the MAP sensor, then feed the hose through the bulkhead and to the back of the gauge. Power/lights, I would take from the Ashtray light, or ciggie lighter. Shame you are not closer or I would fit it for you.!

You can take the illumination off the radio harness, its right next to the clock face bit anyway, or you could just probe the clock harness to see if there is an illumination wire in there. Its so long since I put ym boost gauge in that I cant remeber whats on the clock wiring plug...