The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Hi Silent exhaust - How loud?

supra_surj

There's 4 HKS models I can think of:

HKS Ti Racing: Very loud

HKS Hiper: Very loud (but no longer made)

HKS Superdragger: Fairly quiet

HKS Silent Hipower: Quiestest of all (Chris Wilson loves them as they're great for trackdays)

My all time favourite exhaust is the old Hiper, nothing else sounds like it :)

Hi guys im thinking getting the above exhaust. Does anyone know how loud it is? Ive heard the HKS Ti and that is loud. Also ive been told the old HKS Hiper exhaust was also loud but what are your thoughts on this?:sos:

Surj

hi mate, i think i've seen you up bluewater before. i know pistonbroke goes up there every now and again. PM him and see when he's next going up there because he's got one on his car. sounds lovely!! nice deep rumble.not over the top :thumbs:

HI guys thanks soo much for all your replies. I have done searches on this and some say its loud and some say its quiet so im a little confused. Hey Lubas im always up bluewater, which supe is yours mate? Yea i know Dan but his on his honeymoon i think. lol!

I have an apexi but i dont know what model as it came from Japan like it. Very quiet. Got a huge silencer and another silencer box before the cat.

If I bought this, what would i need to decat just one cat? Will just a decat pipe and restrictor ring do?

Wish i could get the old hiper but dam they dont make em anymore! What is the world coming to! hehe!

Thanks

Surj

Ps Hi Martin ive heard the clip on your website and sounds amazing but like i said i kept getting confused as some were saying loud and others saying quiet.

hi mate,i've got a pretty standard silver sz. got some wheels and a trust exhaust going on it this week though.

i only heard dans at idle and it wasnt quiet! he still had both cats in as well.

we should arrange a day to all meet up there all at one time.

HI guys thanks soo much for all your replies. I have done searches on this and some say its loud and some say its quiet so im a little confused.

Just to be 100% clear, what exhaust are you talking about exactly? I read your posts but its not clear if you're asking for opinions on the HKS TI or the HKS Silent.

If you're talking about the Hiper Silence then i've got one on a decatted JDM, not much louder than stock but gives a nice growl. I prefer it over a Nur Spec but i'm gettin my old exhaust back on Weds, Hiper will be up for sale but someone already wants it i think

Don't think so dude as this one isn't noisy at all, it's a great exhaust for anyone who doesn't want to much intrusion. At idle it's quiet as anything although my car only idles at 400rpm...

So its the Silent Hipower (or which some people call the Hiper silence - which is wrong ;) )

Hi homer, its the silent hipower im asking about. Just heard the miami gt 1, and sounds awesome!

Yea ive heard Dans and it does rumble quite nice.

If its not that much louder than stock exhaust then i might leave it. I suppose i gotta see and hear one in person.

Hey lubas im up for a meet anytime. you coming to bluewater next week?

Hi homer, its the silent hipower im asking about. Just heard the miami gt 1, and sounds awesome!

Yea ive heard Dans and it does rumble quite nice.

If its not that much louder than stock exhaust then i might leave it. I suppose i gotta see and hear one in person.

Hey lubas im up for a meet anytime. you coming to bluewater next week?

Just to be clear - the Silent Hipower is a very quiet exhaust, louder than stock, but no where near the volume of pretty much all other aftermarket exhausts. That’s the reason CW loves them as they will always pass track day noise restrictions. Anyone that suggest different is either confused or talking sh*te :D

If you're after something noisy then the worlds your oyster! Of the 'loud' systems, I've never heard one that sounds less than great :)