The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Took my first Supra out for a Drive

Lucas

Well went down to a garage 5 mins from my house and took out my first Supra, a UK Auto TT and WOW!!!!! Got to love those cars. Was very surprised with the Auto box. It’s got me thinking if I should open my options to an Auto as well.

I also found out the garage gets the Supras serviced by a company called Toyoda Tech, as anyone ever heard of them?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how did it feel driving it ? :)

The car felt really good. It was a stock one and pulled really well. The Auto box picked up very nicely all through the range as far I took it anyway ;)

The only thing I did not like really was that fact it s got 90k ( Miles ) on the clock and think I want one lower then that and still not sure if I would have an Auto.

Lockys do you have any contact details for them?

The car felt really good. It was a stock one and pulled really well. The Auto box picked up very nicely all through the range as far I took it anyway ;)

The only thing I did not like really was that fact it s got 90k ( Miles ) on the clock and think I want one lower then that and still not sure if I would have an Auto.

Lockys do you have any contact details for them?

Glad you liked it. 90k miles is nothing for this sort of car as long as it has been looked after as is fsh

Glad you liked it. 90k miles is nothing for this sort of car as long as it has been looked after as is fsh

Well this one as FSL and had a big service done at Toyoda Tech so its all up togehter. Just thinking I could get a Jap one with some Stage 1 mods less miles for about the same price but still thinking.

Think i would like to take out a Jap one and see how much difference there is between UK and Jap.

Think of it this way if you save £500 on a j spec then you start modding and have to uprate to uk brakes it will cost £1000 for brakes then prob need another set of wheels to clear uk`s so another £1000 not looking such a saving now is it hehehe:)

Are the brakes on the Jap supra really that bad then?

The brakes are quite a bit smaller, from what i've read mate. Depends if you're going to modify the car - I know when I last spoke to you, you said you'd had enough of the modding lark :whistle:

The UK spec cars certainly seem to have a lot more "toys" on them that I'd like... but I think I'd really like a tiptronic box.

We'll go out for more test drives soon mate!

The brakes are quite a bit smaller, from what i've read mate. Depends if you're going to modify the car - I know when I last spoke to you, you said you'd had enough of the modding lark :whistle:

The UK spec cars certainly seem to have a lot more "toys" on them that I'd like... but I think I'd really like a tiptronic box.

We'll go out for more test drives soon mate!

Well I know i said i was bored of the modding lark but think i must be kidding myself ;) I know for a fact when I get one I will just do a little bit here then a little bit there etc....

where you get that info from?

doesnt sound rite

i think he's referring to facelift RZ and RZ-S's, the pre facelift RZ's were a mix of UK and Jap brakes AFAIK.

Uk cars suspension is softer than the J spec, and Intercooler/rad etc can suffer more from seeing 10+ years of winter salt so check these out.....

I also found out the garage gets the Supras serviced by a company called Toyoda Tech, as anyone ever heard of them?

A genuine garage who know what to do for standard Supe servicing etc. They are first to admit that they are not in to the Supe tuning business as what some of us expect but they are good for the conventional parts changing etc (and at a great price as well).

They will stick with conventional oils and lubes so if you require anything special then you will have to advise them accordingly!

Definitely safe to use for the basic stuff.

Regards mate, Andrew:thumbs:

A genuine garage who know what to do for standard Supe servicing etc. They are first to admit that they are not in to the Supe tuning business as what some of us expect but they are good for the conventional parts changing etc (and at a great price as well).

They will stick with conventional oils and lubes so if you require anything special then you will have to advise them accordingly!

Definitely safe to use for the basic stuff.

Regards mate, Andrew:thumbs:

Nice one cheers for that mate, will keep them in mind for standard service stuff when i get the supra.

Nice one cheers for that mate, will keep them in mind for standard service stuff when i get the supra.

No problem m8 - The Pompey meet is scheduled for the 19th so try and get yourself down:thumbs: . I'm going to try and get the front-end back on the car and have it MOT'd in time!

All the best Lucas!

be open minded to what is out there...

if your spending circa 1k on brakes I don't think you'd be putting stock brakes of any sort (uk included) on! You can do uk fronts for just a few hundred, especially if you consider second hand (a uk car will obviously have used brakes on it, so it is like for like). J-spec brakes work fine for regular driving, they suffer when you push them as they are smaller and get hot, so can fade.

j-spec cars come with many different options, some have bigger brakes and wheels as standard, many are modified to better than oem anyway.

and if you want to stay fairly stock the j-spec ceramic turbos are amazing for virtually no lag performance!

just keep your eyes open to what is out there, better to have the best car you can get for your money than restrict yourself to a small minority of cars

No problem m8 - The Pompey meet is scheduled for the 19th so try and get yourself down:thumbs: . I'm going to try and get the front-end back on the car and have it MOT'd in time!

All the best Lucas!

Will try my best to get down to you guys and would be really good to meet up.

Fingers crossed your car will be sorted then.

And cheers for your advice Chilli. All good stuff. Got to love forums.

Don't be put off a UK car, the turbo's really aren't that much more laggy than the J-spec ones despite what is often said. And you'll barely notice the difference if you do decide to mod and decat the car.

UK suspension isn't that much softer either, and the car will still handle like a dream. I've been quite amazed at how well the car holds the road, as I've said before it makes my mate's GT4 with uprated shocks look quite silly..

Plus, all the toys to play with! Generally cheaper insurance, and things like bigger injectors and the better brakes as standard in case you up the power.