The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Favourite Mesh Style Wheel?

Shilakadaddy

I'm on a bit of a wheel hunt at the moment, attempting to find a set of 18" wheels to replace my current standard 17's. I've PM'd quite a few of the traders asking for prices on various wheels (thank you to all that replied, much appreciated!), I thought I'd finally found the wheels that I was going to get (Keskin KT4's), however after bonus_2000 advertised his due to them not fitting over UK spec brakes, I'm back to the drawing board!

The style I'm looking for is the "mesh" style, I believe that's what it's referred to as anyway, and I have actually found quite a fair amount of possibilities. Unfortunately the big stumbling block for me is the price. My current favourite is the Work VS-XX - here's a picture for reference:

http://www.bgmotorsport.de/images/medium/vsxx_ls.jpg

However these are near £2k for a set... in reality my maximum is half that.

Another consideration which narrows my choices a little, is the width and offset I'm looking for. I realise that the recommendations for these is to stick as close to the standard wheels as possible, but I'm wanting to go for the low offset look. This isn't to everyone's taste (it seems to be much more popular in the US and Germany), and of course the adverse affect it will have on the handling, but none the less I'm determined to go for it!

Another reference picture to illustrate low offset wheels on the supra:

http://www.briancphotography.com/hin/cars/images/HINCARS041.jpg

I'm sure many of you will have seen this car before. The specs of his wheels are 19x9.5" Front, 19x10.5 Rear, Offset +22 all round. This is quite extreme, but isn't far off what I'll be looking for. Ideally I'd like to do this without the use of spacers.

So anyway... I'm looking for suggestions! What are your favourite mesh style wheels? The more pictures the better!

I've managed to find some more wheels called "Algernon Division Intelesse 2", but can't seem to find out anything about them... anyone know what kind of price these are?

Cheers, Chris :D

For the price you are talking about I can't see by the Ultralite 755 Nurburgring's.

Lovely deep dish, available in silver, gold or black and can be bought in an offset to clear the UK spec brakes.

I paid £680 odd for my 18" ones from Whifbitz.

Here's mine

Keskins on the supe (offset won't do UK spec stoppers :( ) but they still look good

Volks SF Winning on the zed, admittedly circa £1500, £2k with rubber from Avalon Racing in the states ........ you can get an offset to fit the supra with "big brakes" !!!!! and I think it's similar to the zed offset ...... I was going to get this checked incase I ever get tempted by the tt !!!!

Found another possibility...

Rial Daytona Race

http://www.forstinger.net/downs/felgen_2004/Rial/20_04_RIAL_DaytonaRace_.jpg

These seem to sell for around £1300, maybe cheaper if I can find some on German ebay :) Available in 18x8.5 and 18x9.5, but I'm not sure what offsets - anyone know?