The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bodykit Galleries

Branners

How should the bodykit gallery threads be arranged?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How should the bodykit gallery threads be arranged?

• One big thread with all the bodykits listed
    • multiple threads per bodykit manufacturer (ie bomex would be a single thread)
    • multiple threads per bit of the car (eg bumpers would have their own thread)

It was suggested a while ago that we start a set of threads showing the various body kits. I dont think it ever took off but its a great idea.

So I want to try and get that going. The question is should we have an individual thread per bit of bodykit (ie a thread for bomex, a thread for veilside, a thread for stillen..) or should we have a thread per part of the car (ie a thread for bumpers, a thread for side skirts, a thread for spoilers).

So thats the vote...

JB

that was me :)

It would be nice to have the ability to search by section of car (bumpers etc, which is how i voted) as I wouldnt know my, as branners puts ;), bomex from a stillen!

If I had the skills I'd knock up something in flash to do the job, but I dont :( - I've seen something for audi's in the past which was done like this, and it was superb!

sounds like a good idea to me. definitely would make life a lot more easier, than trying to go by websites to find illustrations.

as for which way to do it, would suggest the way thats easier to keep on top of it all, so you don't end up with numerous categories, and too much work to do to keep it running ok.

personally, i like this method, could be either by manufacturer, and then part sections. or by part, then manufacturer sections. you could always keep a general section for the lesser known manufacturers, or parts. so it could work either way.

i suppose for newbies, part may be easier.

more important to keep sections navigable easily.

thats not bad, but a bit tricky to navigate IMO - if it was broken down to sections then it'd be easier. :)

A thread for Front Bumpers - then pics of each manufacturer in perhaps alphabetical order

A thread for Rear Bumpers...

A thread for side skirts

A thread for spoilers

A thread for bonnets

That would pretty much cover if all wouldnt it?

thats not bad, but a bit tricky to navigate IMO - if it was broken down to sections then it'd be easier. :)

A thread for Front Bumpers - then pics of each manufacturer in perhaps alphabetical order

A thread for side skirts

A thread for spoilers

A thread for bonnets

I like that idea. If I'm looking for sideskirts I don't always know which manufacturer/style I prefer and I won't necessarily like the ones from a particular front bumper manufacturer for example - I like the Veilside front but not the sideskirts etc.:)

u got it - thats what i think would be easiest... I'd say - right - i want skirts - so i'd go into the skirts section and have a look.

I wouldnt go - yeh, i want veilside - i'd need to see the different designs, and then chose from there :)

A thread for side skirts

A thread for spoilers

A thread for bonnets

I'm for that too

ok so it seems that the per component idea is winning by quite a fair whack...

I am willing to help do this (unless you don't want me to of course) - but I'd need a list of every main manufacturer of kit parts so i could start to collate images of each one.

So if anyone is willing to post up here a list of manufacturers and what parts they offer it'd be good :D

For example:

Veilside - front/rear bumpers, skirts, spoilers.

Do luck - front/rear bumpers, .....

etc

• 3 months later...

bringing this back up to the top as I may as well do this now.

So we are looking at a thread per location, eg one thread for bumpers (including splitters), one thread for side skirts, rear spats, bumpers, spoilers, bonnets and so on. Would need a miscelaneous parts section for roof spoilers and dodgy licky sticky crap. One final though, a single thread for all the widebody kits?

JB