The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Speed??

jakewebster

Off the clock, 172 GPS. Its amazing how much the speedo's are out!

Not my new SpeedM8 - in fact it very slightly under reads according to Road Angel. It is calibratable.

I had 170 out of a J spec TT I'd only just bought and backed off as I didn't know the car and it all felt rather odd at that speed (There was more to go). (Following my friend in an M3 CSL which got 180)

Not tried in the VVTi due to the changing of gears issue at WOT.

Guest dee_rz

i never open it out as much as it would go, had 170 leptons very very easy 4 people in car and it got there very easy, racing with a porchre 911 turbo and bmw 645 :D :) 170 and it was still pulling very hard, titanmotorsport told me with a raised rev limiter a fair bit over 200 is poss with the 6 speed box, should do 197mph with rev limter on and that's real gps speed :) :cool:

only just had my speedo fixed last week.. not worked since i had the car... ill give it a try soon:)

Hehe a friend's dad had the same problem on his TVR (one of many obviously). When we asked him how fast he'd gone his reply was "other cars were a blur.... no idea how you measure that in MPH".

And mine was just under 160 leptons (private track, runway, I'm a good boy etc blah blah blah). Haven't got a big enough manhood to go faster than that :p

had 165 on the clock on me 18s, but i think the uk specs are limited to 155 leptons. Anyone know how to get it off? Was still pulling hardish and just lost the power suddenly, backed off and me mate was shaking!

Yep, remove the traction control fuse, or get an FCD with TSD combined!