The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Supra VS E46 M3

cntt

what about the 3liter M3 then? there's hardly any evo around here anyway, met one yesterday, came flying up and passed me without a second though, I dropped the gear and went right up behind him, he slowed down after a while, couldn't get away from me though, could have took him.

I hav a tt supra, my brother has a E46 m3 (that would be the 3.2).

It is an truely awsome car, pulls very hard, standard TT on standard E46 i think id nearly have to go M3, mine is BPU and the difference compared to his feck all in real world driving. Hard to tell though as the difference in power delivery, never had a race.

Iv even thinking of "upgrading" to one next.....

Guest dee_rz

e46 m3 is about as fast as a stock tt, about the same weight power maybe a little less torque in m3 but very close, e36 m3 evo 3.2 bmw would have slight edge over stock tt, n/a wouldn't come close bud :(

best judgement call in terms of real road spec figures etc

i guess n/a supra would do a 1/4 mile in 14.7?? @ 98mph n/a guys help me out here

e46 m3 i always see doing late 13's

so say 13.7-13.9@101ish

m3 evo 3.2 e36 does about 13.6-13.9@102-103 from my obs i'd say

so no chance fella :(

All M3's are qucik and truly awesome cars. the e30 2.3 only have 200BHP but have linear response to die for, the 3.0 e36 has 286BHP, and the Evo 3.2 e36 has 321 BHP.

You may have an edge though due to the fact that most BMW drivers are over 45 and complete twats. :)

Guest dee_rz
Stock TT Vs E46 M3 pretty much equal TBH, BPU TT (assuming healthy, 1.2Bar etc) should see of the M3 'comfortably', Ive raced many and have always won 'comfortably' either that or they all could'nt drive.

always very comfortable, my friend has some nice footage of me spanking a e46 m3 all the way home from pod, he kept trying, the guy was nice too gave thumbs up etc..... the csl on the other hand i can only just beat :) doing a standing half mile i beat him by 2 cars lengths and pull very slowly away upto very naughty speeds, the fucker didn't like this outcome and bought a brand new 996 turbo :D now stage 3 tuned and fook it's quick apparently 500ish bhp with 600ish ft lbs rematch is on soon and i'll try getting vid :) :cool:

Guest dee_rz
And looks shitter :)

:D

both gorgeous looking cars, for him to say that :search: :rolleyes: low blow but ask him how much his will be worth in 10-15 years time :D and also ask him about the e46 m3 swiss cheese con rods, damn that darn con rod failure :D :p just digging and joking.... love e46 m3 pure sex on wheels and for a n/a car there just nuclear, you just keep thinking to yourself how could m tec extract that much power and make it go so well without any blower i mean it's hardly huge cc wise.

He didnt even say that, i did.

The interior is just so flash compared to the supra.

Dont get me wrong, the supra interior is nice, but the inside of the m3 is a WAY nicer placer to be, of course in my opion that is.

I'D just say more modern mate. compare a full leather supra interior to that of a 1993 M3!

always very comfortable, my friend has some nice footage of me spanking a e46 m3 all the way home from pod, he kept trying, the guy was nice too gave thumbs up etc..... the csl on the other hand i can only just beat :) doing a standing half mile i beat him by 2 cars lengths and pull very slowly away upto very naughty speeds, and i'll try getting vid :) :cool:

Get that vid...get that vid....get that vid:D

Guest dee_rz
Get that vid...get that vid....get that vid:D

will ask him to send it to me as he's in the land of the rising sun at the mo :) sure i'll be able to get it :cool:

always very comfortable, my friend has some nice footage of me spanking a e46 m3 all the way home from pod, he kept trying, the guy was nice too gave thumbs up etc..... the csl on the other hand i can only just beat :) doing a standing half mile i beat him by 2 cars lengths and pull very slowly away upto very naughty speeds, the fucker didn't like this outcome and bought a brand new 996 turbo :D now stage 3 tuned and fook it's quick apparently 500ish bhp with 600ish ft lbs rematch is on soon and i'll try getting vid :) :cool:

let me know when the rematch is on alex;)

Guest dee_rz
let me know when the rematch is on alex;)

will do jamie it'll be in about 3 weekish i'll pm you and your welcome down, if you know anyone else who fancies coming down, the'll be a modded ferrari 355 some nice evo's scoobs and skylines etc too :)

my mate has got a bmw evo and i tried my luck (n/a j-spec) against it on way home from yarmouth and i cudnt even touch him, i got him on roundabouts coz i like to throw it into corners etc but as soon as a straight came he was gone! :( i had never actually seen 1 in action properly but i never realised that they were that quick.