The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Body Kits

SuperSupra

Just wondering, in order to save a penny or two, could I fit my body kit myself? Is it straight forward or am I best leaving it to the experts? Getting it sprayed probably next week but just a thought.

People who've fitted them yourselves - what sort of problems do you encounter and would you recommend someone to fit the stuff themself or is it too much work?

i've fitted kits to two cars now. I agree it does depend on the manufacturer of the kit. Sometimes you have to drill new holes

Oh really? Hmmmm, it just seems crazy to spend all that extra money paying someone to fit it if it's not that difficult a job. Maybe I'll give it a go and see what happens. The front will be a good fit I know that, the sides will be the biggest problem I think.

40 hours to get my sides right..still not happy with them. Be warned

Hmmm, thinking, thinking.......I've just spoken to the guy who's gonna do the work who's a friend of mine, and he reckons they should do the lot as it'll be easier. Maybe I should just leave them to it........

Ooh I can't wait - next thursday she goes in!