The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Conversion - rough prices please

Sheefa

Quick one all,

I'm looking to go single early next year (need to pay for car first) and wondered about prices of parts and fitting.

Can anyone give me a breakdown of turbo type, total price to fit incl other parts and labour and estimated BHP increase?

I'm ideally looking for a mid-turbo generating around the 500BHP mark.

Cheers all. ;)

really??

Guess it all depends upon if you are happy using 2nd hand bits or you want brand new stuff?

Most of the bits ive bought for mine are 2nd hand, but all in excellent condition, so far ive bought, a Phr t61, intake pipe +filter, single manifold, hks 50mm wastegate, greddy 3row + piping which has cost me a total of £1200, ive still got to buy oil feed pipes, clutch, map ecu + harness and injectors, so theres another £1200. plus plugs, full service on car etc

Ill be fitting it all myself, so all ive got to do then is get it rolling road tuned for say.. £400 ish. so my total will be about £2600:D

Hopefully :rolleyes:

Go to Vortex Power mate. Terry is very helpful and the Boostlogic line of parts they do covers your needs from every angle as far as the mechanical side of things is concerned ie Turbo, manifold, wastegate, injectors, piping, filters etc. Saves you a lot of time and headaches searching around different places for bits and bobs on your list.

As far as fitting goes, Phoenix are just down the road and Mark there is a top fella and mechanic to boot!

In fairness and with all due respect to them, I havent tried Envy, MKivStore, Chris Wilson or Whifbitz for their fitting skills (although I hear good things about them all), but they are very reliable for parts and can almost certainly get whatever it is you need and offer very good technical advice. This I have tested.

As for the others, dont bother.

Can't tell anyone too much at the moment as it's still being finalised but i'm going single using a kit Paul Whiffin is putting together for me which could be of interest as it's going to be very competitively priced!! :)

If peeps can wait a week or two i'll be able to give some feedback on how it performs innitially and will update the thread every so often to let peeps know how it's all been running etc.

Based on a GT35R but aiming for somewhere between 550-600HP with very quick spool up times.

Pete :)

Guest dee_rz

agreed with martin about 7k-8 maybe a little more, thats what i've spend since she's been off the road and she's about ready :cool: just waiting on a few more bits eta 2 weeks now :) :) :)

From my current BPU spec it going to cost £4k minimum to get to fully running on a good turbo and mapped with an emanage blue. Thats with using some cheap parts and fabricating parts of the manifold, downpipe and dump tube myself. Using speced parts like the BL kit I need to add £1.5k to that. To go to standalone ECU at least £2k again.

So £7-8k is guide price for a decent single conversion. If you want to do it properly then double that.

From my current BPU spec it going to cost £4k minimum to get to fully running on a good turbo and mapped with an emanage blue. Thats with using some cheap parts and fabricating parts of the manifold, downpipe and dump tube myself. Using speced parts like the BL kit I need to add £1.5k to that. To go to standalone ECU at least £2k again.

So £7-8k is guide price for a decent single conversion. If you want to do it properly then double that.

Homer, why 2k to go Standalone?

I have been quoted lets just say a sum considerably less than 2k for an AEM supplied and fitted plus mapped.

Guest dee_rz

agreed with homer alot of places would charge around that with a high end standalone fully tuned etc but as you say if you shop around as such you can get much better probably more near 1.5k for that maybe a tad less.

gamer 50p you can't even get a hairdryer from argos for that let alone tesco value ones :D would make monster power for sure with a blue peter intercooler too :D

I have been quoted lets just say a sum considerably less than 2k for an AEM supplied and fitted plus mapped.

Basemap from turbofit I guess? I'm talking about a full custom map. There's no point going standalone otherwise (No disrespect to turbofit, the prices are extremely competitive and if the mapped is who its said to be then should be a good one)

Basemap from turbofit I guess? I'm talking about a full custom map. There's no point going standalone otherwise (No disrespect to turbofit, the prices are extremely competitive and if the mapped is who its said to be then should be a good one)

Darryl, who said anything about turbo fit? and the price i was quoted was not for a base map, around 10 hours for a complete map!