The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I bought a supra TT BUT.....

Mace

I picked up my supra twin turbo yesterday to replace my N/A supra, this was a lower milage, N reg high spec twin turbo auto, but on driving it back yeasterday on two seperate occasions the engine light and the red warning light came on the dash and stayed there till i restarted the car, also the O/D off light was flashing when i had over drive on even tho it all seems to work it switches on and off fine... theres nothing that seems wrong with the car but im not liking the lights.. i was discussing selling it yesterday and id owned it about 4 hours, thats not how it should be lol.... hope i havent got a complete dud..:(

anyone know if these are common problems?

Have you had it in for a full service yet? I mean the B service (all fluids changed)... I would do that first...

I put mine into Toyota for a big old check around when I bought it too... 'never' use them to get work done, but got a good list of things to replace, what problems might be coming up... useful as a cross reference..

That autobox thing sounds about right actually, the auto box was getting noticably hot around the dash auto shifter, and it just wasnt right... havent taken it for service but i will deffo get that sorted asap... brakes are a bit warped too so some fresh discs and pads on the front wouldnt hurt either.. if its just a gearbox oil change i'll be well chuffed!!