The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V8 1UZ Twin-Turbo RSP Supra

carl0s

I don't deny all that, it's just a conversion I feel better suited to NAs. I guess if money is no object then why the hell not?

Yeah compared to the GT42 he had before he won't gain more power, but as GT2835's are being bolted on it looks like they are going for response/drivability over mad cap HP chasing :)

I'd love to have a Rolling chassis with a dead engine and swap a 1UZ in ;)

I just don't see the point when you can stick a small (or even better) or a big block ali Chevy in one, get a totally reliable 600 BHP + on pump fuel, no lag, dirt cheap bits and a bellhousing and auto box that bolts straight up to the engine.

An 8 litre Chevy Big Block would cost less than a properly done twin turbo Lexus V8, and no ECU, no lag, no tubo heat, no I/C et cetara to worry about.

An 8 litre Chevy Big Block

8 Litres :D

It has to be worth trying this one day. Club dragster anyone? ;)

I guess the attraction is to use something which is close to OEM using Lexus/Toyota parts, I can understand that idea.

A Japanese car with American muscle combination seems to be quite rare - people tend to have their allegencies to one or the other for some reason.

i think Chris and Pete are missing the point here, top respect to this guy i think the reason he's done this is simply because he CAN, why not fit that engine in to me it seems a logical progression and if i had the money/time i could defo think of a lot worse things to be doing as a winter project, lets not critise but revell in the guys obvious technical prowess and the fact he is pushing the boundarys :D :D

Errr..Technical Prowess.

Ok. Neither me nor Chris have that. You got us. We`ll marvell :p

Errrr yeah

i aint seen to many V8 engines in supras round here mate, to even contemplate putting a 1950s big block 8 litre 16 valve cast iron dinosaur complete with :p carburetors:p that probably weighs 2 tons in the front of a supra is laughable, now to put an ALL aluminium 32 valve quad cam V8 toyota engine that probably weighs less than a JZ GTE in a supra, that my friend is pretty damm smart, i'll marvell