The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Total BS Thread

DrivingTheDream

Just met an old mate who has alot of posh friends down the pub when watching the match.

Anyway his poshest pal now has a new convertable Jag (with a supposed 1 year waiting list?) its a 4.2 supercharged and the idiot reckons its 0-60 is 3.5 secs!!!!! (after one pint) I thought BS so checked online to back up my theory and its 6.0. I asked to race and told him he'd been found to be full of it. Then just now he text saying what about a 300bhp VX220?! I've text back saying ok when, who and where is that? I'll race anyway. To 60 I'll lose probabaly if its a VXR but after that its all mine. I dont even believe him anyway that its 300BHP but a VXR is really quick to 60.

Dont you just hate liars. :rolleyes: What a tosser.

i have a friend with a vx220 N/A that has had a full exhaust system, remapped, modded airbox, track suspension setup and a couple of other bits. Its a fantastic gokart and a lot of fun. I was sat at a set of lights with him once as a passenger when a 335d bmw estate pulled up. It beat him off the lights! was very funny. I then had to drive from our bracknell office to reading to see our new office a couple of months back, he said he would follow in his as he wanted to see how he would fare aginst mine. I only gave it 1/2 to 3/4 throttle while we headed to the M4 (just so he thought he might have a chance :) ) Then let him sit litteraly right on my rear bumper doing about 90, and floored it. I dont remember releasing my foot until we left the M4 :) So i got to the office, made a cup of T for us both and waited for him to arrive :D He said all he saw was the back end of my car squat, a slight puff of smoke, a roar and then realised there was nothing to actually compare.

Ok its not a turbo, but they are about 100Kg heavier. He's now saving £5000 to get a throttle body conversion. He still wont have a chance! :)

I've gone against a VXturbo a couple of years ago in the calibra on the M23.

Up to 100 it was OK, after that it was 'Goodnight Vienna'. I expected it to be quicker.

Over a ton, it wouldn't stand a chance in hell against a decent supra, who are we kidding now...

Guest dee_rz

I should think at 300bhp that vxr turbo will be fooking quick to say the least they only weight about 1200ishkg i think at the top of my head so even up at high speeds should be very quick, whats your spec?

Guest dee_rz
I should think at 300bhp that vxr turbo will be fooking quick to say the least they only weight about 1200ishkg i think at the top of my head so even up at high speeds should be very quick, whats your spec?

just read your sig lol, tbo impossible for me to say i really know little about these but it'll give you a hard time i think but hey see whay happens, i wouldn't boast or shout too much as i'd never be too confident because if he beats you your going to look the burk :D

just read your sig lol, tbo impossible for me to say i really know little about these but it'll give you a hard time i think but hey see whay happens, i wouldn't boast or shout too much as i'd never be too confident because if he beats you your going to look the burk :D

Thing is I think he's full of it. Just like his mate had a 3.5 0-60 Jag. He's probably just made summit up to keep me quiet.

I wouldnt be that ashamed losing to a Vauxhall lol

Thing is I think he's full of it. Just like his mate had a 3.5 0-60 Jag. He's probably just made summit up to keep me quiet.

I wouldnt be that ashamed losing to a Vauxhall lol

Record last updated Before 12 / 01 / 2004

Country of origin Great Britain

Year of introduction 2004

Introduced at 2004 Birmingham Motorshow

Numbers built N/A

Body design N/A

Weight 930 kilo / 2050.3 lbs

Drivetrain

Engine Straight 4

Engine Location Mid , transversely mounted

Displacement 1.998 liter / 121.9 cu in

Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC

Fuel feed Motronic ME 1.5.5 Fuel injection

Aspiration Turbo

Gearbox 5 speed Manual

Drive Rear wheel drive

Performance figures

Power 220 bhp / 164 KW @ 5500 rpm

Torque 250 Nm / 184 ft lbs @ 1950 rpm

BHP/Liter 110 bhp / liter

Power to weight ratio 0.24 bhp / kg

Top Speed 250 km/h / 155 mph

0-60 mph Acceleration 4.2 s

And stats for a Jaguar Xj220

While the XJ220 concept featured a V12 engine, Jaguar decided to instead use a racing V6 displacing 3.5 liters for the production car. The V12 was too bulky and the lower displacement was offset by using twin Garrett T3 turbochargers, four camshafts, and four valves per cylinder. The stats of the engine speak for themselves: 542 hp @ 6500 rpm and 473 lb-ft torque @ 5000 rpm.

Acceleration times included a 3.5 second sprint to 60 mph and 100 mph was reached in only 8 seconds. The 1/4 mile could be done in just under 12 seconds at over 120 mph. Top speed, like the name of the car suggests, is just under 220 mph. In 1991 Andy Wallace tested the XJ220 at an incredible 212.3 mph in Fort Stockton, Texas. This made it the fastest production car of its time. It's record stood until Gordon Murray's McLaren F1 shattered the top speed record with its 240 mph run.

Just met an old mate who has alot of posh friends down the pub when watching the match.

Anyway his poshest pal now has a new convertable Jag (with a supposed 1 year waiting list?) its a 4.2 supercharged and the idiot reckons its 0-60 is 3.5 secs!!!!! (after one pint) I thought BS so checked online to back up my theory and its 6.0. I asked to race and told him he'd been found to be full of it. Then just now he text saying what about a 300bhp VX220?! I've text back saying ok when, who and where is that? I'll race anyway. To 60 I'll lose probabaly if its a VXR but after that its all mine. I dont even believe him anyway that its 300BHP but a VXR is really quick to 60.

Dont you just hate liars. :rolleyes: What a tosser.

Isn't the 4.2 dash to 60 in six seconds, and the XKR (4.2 super) a bit quicker?

Oooh hang on- I've found an Evo mag- right the press release says: 410bhp, 415lbs/ft, doesn't give a weight. 0-60 is 4.9, 50-70 is 2.5s!!!

A 300bhp VXT? While the Evo mag is in my hand: l it's 930kg as stock, 4.7 to sixty. Doesn't give any further figures. Fek me! The VXR version hits sixty in 4.2! Closest thing I can find to a 300bhp VXT would be an Exige S 240, which strangly weighs the same (930kg), figures say 3.9 to sixty, 9.9 to the ton. If he's telling the truth about the VXT then that's got another 60bhp over the Exige, or put another way 322bhp/ton (stock Supra 210bhp/ton).

Guest dee_rz
Isn't the 4.2 dash to 60 in six seconds, and the XKR (4.2 super) a bit quicker?

Oooh hang on- I've found an Evo mag- right the press release says: 410bhp, 415lbs/ft, doesn't give a weight. 0-60 is 4.9, 50-70 is 2.5s!!!

A 300bhp VXT? While the Evo mag is in my hand: l it's 930kg as stock, 4.7 to sixty. Doesn't give any further figures. Fek me! The VXR version hits sixty in 4.2! Closest thing I can find to a 300bhp VXT would be an Exige S 240, which strangly weighs the same (930kg), figures say 3.9 to sixty, 9.9 to the ton. If he's telling the truth about the VXT then that's got another 60bhp over the Exige, or put another way 322bhp/ton (stock Supra 210bhp/ton).

think i looked up the specs on these xkrs before i believe they are 1795kg yes fooking weighty :D hence not really quick but still quick just not as quick as the specs may surgest :)

vx220 will be f-ing quick for sure, i didn't realise they were that light :(

:D goodluck on that one fella :D but hey still give it a go and let us know the outcome, if poss go to 195ish :D :eyebrows:

think i looked up the specs on these xkrs before i believe they are 1795kg yes fooking weighty :D hence not really quick but still quick just not as quick as the specs may surgest :)

vx220 will be f-ing quick for sure, i didn't realise they were that light :(

:D goodluck on that one fella :D but hey still give it a go and let us know the outcome, if poss go to 195ish :D :eyebrows:

That's the old XKR. The new one is supposed to be quite light for what it is. It's something like 1625-1650kg (my mate sells them).