The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My paint

garetheves

Can anyone tell me, i know its difficult to tell from pics, whether my car is standard Toyota Red or a different Red? Basically ive taken a few chips (quite large) out of the front bumper and want to fill them in and touch them up but ive a feeling the paint isnt normal Toyota Red and therefore the touch up kit will be wrong. If its different then im going to have to get somewhere to make me some up but would prefer to get it done for Sunday's Lakes meet.

Cheers.

And NO Pink jokes, its deffinately a Red!!!

From what i can remember having just had some bits painted in red,there are 4 standard reds and 16 different variations in shade. I had my bodyshop with the chip slips match the paint exactly. Red is a difficult colour to match. What you having done?

From what i can remember having just had some bits painted in red,there are 4 standard reds and 16 different variations in shade. I had my bodyshop with the chip slips match the paint exactly. Red is a difficult colour to match. What you having done?

I know its one of the hardest to match. I just want to get the chips filled in really, only a temporary job because id like to get it re-sprayed (the bumper that is not the whole car) over winter anyway, the paint job on isnt the best.

Think i might just get one of the touch up kits from Halfrauds and give it a go, i suppose any red is better than the white of the fibreglass it is at the moment in patches. And again, its only gonna be for a few months until it gets sprayed.

Don't do it as if it is stock it will be horribly wrong. I have ordered a touch up kit from Nic. If you wanna buy one off him he can post it with my stuff and I will drop it off with you ;)

Don't do it as if it is stock it will be horribly wrong. I have ordered a touch up kit from Nic. If you wanna buy one off him he can post it with my stuff and I will drop it off with you ;)

Cheers for the offer mate but i still dont know what paint it is so id just end up waiting for the paint off him and it still being wrong. Like i said if i did touch it up it would only be for a few months until i can get it resprayed, so if there is a little bit of a colour difference then so be it, its better than the Fibreglass showing like it is at the moment.