The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Caliper Decals

DBR

does anyone know wwere i can get hold of some white supra decals for my calipers - they need a bit of tidying up!:D ( i have already got some from gordanf but there silver an im after white - bloody fussy )

cheers guys/girls

m8 what hammerite paint did you use.... i was just looking on there website, theres a 'high heat paint' (black only)....or theres just the normal 'metal paint' that comes in hammered/somooth/satin

http://www.hammerite-automotive.com/HammeriteAutomotiveProductGuide2006.pdf

ive already got a tin of satin black 'metal paint' -hopefully this is ok:rolleyes:

also how did you do your calipers if you had no axel stands? - just one by one!!? it must have taken you ages!:innocent:

I used Hammerite smooth, but the metal paint will probs be OK.. the smooth thing does leave a good finish though, so if you haven't started yet I'd be temped to get some.... just because mine looked a bit shocking when it went on and then dried to an amazing finish...

Yeah, I just did it using a jack and did them one by one... I took the car to my missus parents house and took an afternoon doing the front two (lots of thin coats!) and then called back the following weekend to do the rears... the rears took half the amount of time the fronts did... but axle stands would have been useful... think they're only about £15 in Halfrauds, so again might be worth the investment to safe you some time... :)

cheers fella i might just do that as everyone seems to have used the hammerite smooth............

i tried to find the axel stands on the halfords website but no luck...... ill have another butchers!

cheers for your help!:D

cheers fella i might just do that as everyone seems to have used the hammerite smooth............

i tried to find the axel stands on the halfords website but no luck...... ill have another butchers!

cheers for your help!:D

Did mine recently with hamerite smooth. Nice and easy only two coats needed

caliper1.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg