The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Temp gauge

Guest rich robs

Guest rich robs

Temp Gauge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Temp Gauge next to petrol gauge has suddenly started to go up and down like a yo yo. One min its fine sitting at halfway, next it just off the red then 2 secs later it drops straight back to normal. Has anyone ever come across this or have any idea what the prob is or why its doing it?

Many Thanks

Rich Robs

Temp Gauge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Temp Gauge next to petrol gauge has suddenly started to go up and down like a yo yo. One min its fine sitting at halfway, next it just off the red then 2 secs later it drops straight back to normal. Has anyone ever come across this or have any idea what the prob is or why its doing it?

Many Thanks

Rich Robs

Hi mate,

I had exactly this a few weeks ago. Have you looked under the bonnet atall, as mine had spewed coolant all over the undertray. My advice is to assume something is wrong. My water pump seals had failed and leaked about 2 litres of coolant, almost emptying the rad. Check the rad cap to see if it's full.

As soon as I had this the temptation was to assume the gauge had 'gone funny' but I stopped straight away, called the RAC and got it looked at properly by a garage. Very glad I did!!

J