The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone Else Ever Done It?

DrivingTheDream

The other day I pulled off the drive and then got out to close the gates I shut my door and then realised I was locked out. That anti car jack thingy on my Clifford was on.

I'd blocked the street with reversing backwards and leaving the car on an angle. What an impression I made on my new neighbours. I had them all out but at least I got to know them. I had one bloke weld me a steel rod in his garage to try hook the electric window down. A squad of 6 window cleaners trying to get in and one had to go in the house to let me back in as my house keys were on car keys. There was also some bloke on a passing motorbike! What a nightmare.

I eventually rang my breakdown cover but by the time they come out the car was sat running for 2 and half hours. What a dickhead lol. Oh yeah and I didnt have a spare key.

On the plus side after I'd been driving a Luton when I moved in over the Saturday taking 11 hours I got in the Supra at 10pm and it was like my first drive all over again. The ride height, speed and handling. I honestly felt like I was in a Go Kart. Must be great to be an HGV driver and have a Supra :D

Really missed having net access as well to the forum for all of 4 days :)

LOL. Yes, I did that in my old GT4 at college when I first got it :) :) I was showing a mate the car, shut the door (with the engine running) and got locke out!! Had to get the mother-in-law to go to our house (she has a spare key) find my spare keys and then drive down to me. The car was running for around 2hrs ---- but at least it was in a car-park and not blocking a bloody road LOL :) :)

PS I have the same alarm system in the Supe now so I always leave a window or the boot lid open just in case

Yeah, I've got one of the newer Cliffords... Still managed to do it though!! I was under the bonnet revving the engine cos I could hear a bit of a whistling sound, found a disconnected hose, thought great that's sorted, closed the bonnet then couldn't get back in the bloody car!! So it sat idling on the work car park for a few hours!!

Bit of a nightmare when it's in the middle of the street though!!