The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ferrari exhaust sound

boombastictiger

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the mother of all questions

What exhaust system can I buy that will make my supra NA sound like as close to a farrari as possible?

Its not the just exhaust that give Ferraris their distinctive sound.

You need to start of with a multi valve per cylinder, V8 engine that utilises a flat plane crankshaft and work back from there.

You can get a great sound out of a decatted N/A with an RSR or Nur-Spec, so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to recreate the sound of another car ;)

Ya I know that u can never have it to sound similar to a ferrari, but its that distinct sound of the f355 that I love so much..im sure there are nice exhaust systems that produces high pitched roars like a ferrari..

all the exhausts u see so many supras with sound no different that all these fools who tweak thier tiny novas and fiestas and saxos, onmly with more base and vibration...its not distinct....With the ferrari f355 u got the distinct note, iwas only wondering it there is any technoology that can recreate this..

AND NO I DONT HAVE A FERRARI BADGE to the muppet who asked me

im really looking forward te turbo conversion im going to do to my supra

though, im going to save and do it in a year properly....

I'm just reading between the lines but don't think your much of a car person. Do you know what's involved in the NA-T conversion? Will you be doing the work yourself?

Well I love cars yes....but what Iv heard from people the standard supra engine can take alot of hp, and is basically the same engine stripped as the TT, without the TT parts...

I do have a "link" who does my work, he works for ferrari so i trust him...And its not something im going to rush into, i have a year before i want the work to start..i have a good 60k supra which is in good condition and well looked after...

Well instead of getting the ferrari i could get a rx7 and skyline insured but there would be no point to be hounest, I love supras and that is enough for me..Owning the ferrari would be more of the look and sound...there are loads of supras that can take out a f355 easily!!

Speaking of mods could you tell me what benifits/side affects wheel archers would have? Iv seen someon ebay, I like the idea of the wheels flaring out more at the rear and it said it makes it better for drifting..but im not sure..there must be a reason why they wernt fitted as standard..

The supra has a very deep distictive noise that is tottaly different to most other cars, the main thing that stands the supra apart is when you lift off it still deep and pops and burps, however if carpark kev did this in his nova it would sound like a Nun after he first curry.