The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Arse!

Guest Mikethevice

Guest Mikethevice

Hey Guys n girls,

i no the soop has an Lsd (wel the uk-spec) but how good is it? does it slide when you really dont want it too? i wouldnt dream of pushing it around corners, and when its wet etc, i no the perils of RWD as i already have a S14 200sx and prior to that i had a S13 ( Read Danger on Wheels )

i find my S14 to be quite stable, as long as you treat it right and with respect.

Would u say the same of the supra?

Cheers for any replys guys ,

Mike

Guest chiefvinso

I found the soop to come back into line or control quite easily compared to other rwd cars I have driven when the tail went, but as you have said you still need to respect it. Mine didnt slide when I didnt want it too but if you gave it too much pedal in the wet (even in a straight line) it soon woke my 2 cells and kicked my heart into gear.

Guest Mikethevice

yeah i no what u mean. i always drive like a Oap on a sunday morning when its wet in my s14, cant see y id be any different in a soop.

the LSD on the UK-spec is a good one for a stock unit. It gives you good feel of control in a slide and it is consistent as to how much slip it allows.

I have not driven a J-spec to a degree whereby I could give a verdict on the LSDs fitted on those models.

The 'feel' of the LSD on any car really will depend a lot on the tyre compounds, tyre widths, power levels, suspension etc.

The Supra is a stable car both in the dry and wet if driven properly, but it can become unstable very quickly if you're not used to how it drives in different conditions.

Guest Mikethevice

sounds fair enough, same of most big power rwd cars i guess. my s13 i had was a night mare for it, was running just under 300 brake, with a shit stock diff. spent most of the time looking out of the side windows!