The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new Supra, again! Thanks Jurgen

Gaz6002

Well, the day finally arrived and I picked up my 2nd TT6 from Jurgen on Saturday.

Flew up to Newcastle with a mate, and Jurgen picked me up from the airport in my new car! We then drove from Newcastle all the way back to Basingstoke, then straight on to Santa Pod for USC.

Well, what can I say about the car? It is amazing. I first saw the car on Jurgens website ( http://www.jm-imports.co.uk ) a few months back after coming to quite a good settlement with my insurance company following a crunch in the last Supra (which is now owned by a chap called James I think and still being driven on the road). I was attracted at first to the wheels and the general stance of the car. I knew it had to be a black one, and I wanted a relatively standard motor on which to build. I knew straight away this was the one!

I called Jurgen who proceeded to tell me the car will come with a leather re-trim when it gets into the country - it just gets better and better!

So I pay my deposit and the waiting begins....

Along the way I decide I don't really like the standard spoiler, I had been "spoiled" (sorry couldn't resist) with a TRD wing on my last one and had to get one on here. I thought I would give the carbon blade a go, I could always spray it afterwards if it looks crap. But I really like it now, it sets off the car really well. Jurgen managed to source the wing for me at a very reasonable price, and got it fitted when the car was in getting little bits touched up on the side-skirts.

So Saturday comes and I arrive at the airport to meet Jurgen, as said he picked me up in the Supra and took me for a spin. My first impression was "jesus, this has only got an exhaust and induction kit??!!??"

Seriously, the car pulls like a train right through every gear. A few people who have been in this car and the last one say that this one feels faster, and the other one, well, look at my garage for the spec! I think its just down to having a decent, well looked after engine but I am very impressed with the performance. There are some strange lumps underneath the carpet in the passenger footwell though...

Handling wise, the car sits on Bilstein adjustables like the last one. The strange thing is, the ride quality and road noise are immeasurably better! The car handled like a fighter jet on the road, can't wait to get it on track at Goodwood on Saturday.

The interior of the car is simply stunning. The dash is completely unmarked and perfect. The seats are brand new leather over the original electric RZ-S seats. The stereo is quite amusing, I can get a total of 52 CDs in the system at any one time. Crazy jap owners lol

One of my favourite parts of the car is the wheels. They are not perfect and need a bit of a refurb but damn do they look good on a sup' (and they clear the UK brakes, which is nice)

The service that was provided by Jurgen is simply second to none. He was as honest as humanly possible with every little niggle with the car (there were very few) and even told me about the tiny little screw missing off the gearstick gaiter! Now thats attention to detail, it makes no difference to driving the car at all. He gave me a fantastic price on the wing and on the car in general in my opinion.

Plans for the near future:

Do-luck front (supplied by Jurgen)

Clear indicators (already purchased, will go on with bumper)

FMIC

Full BPU

Glass headlights (will be contacting Jon soon)

Now for the pics! Not too many at the moment, these were taken on Saturday at the pod. I polished and waxed her Monday night but have yet to take pics, i've been too busy driving!

I'm a very happy bunny as you can probably tell. Who wouldn't want a Supra???

I would like to say a massive thanks to Jurgen for all his help and advice, if you want an imported car then go no further. Now I can finally start enjoying summer properly! :wooohoo:

Lovely motor mate, one question though, why does it have so many side indicators. It has the pre facelift on the wings and what looks like a face lift front bumper with them also on the sides? Just curious :)

I have no idea mate, its a December '95 so very close to facelift, who knows why that is?? I know toyota did a lot of chopping and changing of the specs over the years, its not something that i'm concerned about put it that way :)

Right, thats it, i'm now a trend-setter lol :cool:

no you're not the other Gaz 6148?? has recently had his spoiler put on upside down by mkivstore:D Also the chrome TRD supra has their one on upside down. It'll look much better turned up the proper way. Very nice looking car Gaz and we'll have to have a mini meet when i get my car back in the next couple of weeks

Be prepared for everyone to point this out to you all the time then. :)

Am I bothered? :p I wouldn't expect anything less from this forum :D

no you're not the other Gaz 6148?? has recently had his spoiler put on upside down by mkivstore Also the chrome TRD supra has their one on upside down. It'll look much better turned up the proper way. Very nice looking car Gaz and we'll have to have a mini meet when i get my car back in the next couple of weeks

Definitely mate, would be well up for that. theres quite a few of us around now. Maybe we should have a "Gaz" meet as well with our upside down spoilers :)

Am I bothered? :p I wouldn't expect anything less from this forum :D

Definitely mate, would be well up for that. theres quite a few of us around now. Maybe we should have a "Gaz" meet as well with our upside down spoilers :)

yeh, i'll turn mine round too and we can look stupid together:D

Very nice car mate :)

In 9 weeks or so I should have mine from Jurgen. Think I might look into flying up to Newcastle as well. Oh and the spoiler looks cool.

Mark

cheers mate, I agree, I suspect I will be getting a bit of ribbing for it now though (thanks supradibbs!) but I'm keeping it. I'm going to be stuborn. At least I haven't got 19" wheels and graphics, I would be proper screwed then lol

Nice looking car matey -

I have the same spoiler on mine,

it's profiled - designed to produce downdraft the other way up to an aircraft wing profile, so if you fit it upside down it will produce updraft! I'm sure it will be fine but I hate to find it wasn't when you hit 150! maybe an automatic boot opening option for the motorway - should you ever need it - suck you out of the boot!!

Nice looking car matey -

I have the same spoiler on mine,

it's profiled - designed to produce downdraft the other way up to an aircraft wing profile, so if you fit it upside down it will produce updraft! I'm sure it will be fine but I hate to find it wasn't when you hit 150! maybe an automatic boot opening option for the motorway - should you ever need it - suck you out of the boot!!

good point - can't really see myself doing 150mph in Britain though TBH.

Maybe I will flip it for trips to the 'ring etc :innocent: