The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo Owners - Insurance

dandan

Guys,

Who is insured with who?

Are there any privately owned single turbo cars out there or is everyone fiddling insurance through a company ownership of some sort?

I'd be interested to hear what you have told your insurers about the modifications, how old you are, what value the car's insured for, premiums etc

Many thanks

Dan

I asked about this when I said I was going single... Sky insurance said that it would be 1300 pounds fully comp with single turbo, body kit, brakes suspension, interior fully comp.... to think I paid 2400 insurance for my first year of supra ownership... Ach!

£1000 comp with diectline, admiral quoted me bit cheaper but years nearly up so aint changing over yet,im 22

On a single?

I always refuse to comment, £1500 age 21 with IAM 3 points. Am covered, not like for like though!

I'm privately insured with Sky. It's £1050 fully comp.

Everything declared:

Approx 500bhp, MoTeC M600, PHR Stage One single turbo, 800cc injectors, WI, FMIC, RLTC, EDFC, 356mm 6 piston brakes, boost controller, exhaust, Alloys, Bodykit, Gauges.

I'm 41 and live in PO8 postcode.

The car is only insured for 15k because that's the most Sky will do agreed valuation for. Obviously I paid a lot more than that for it so I really hope I never write it off.

Slightly off topic: Jake - ur in PO8 postcode??? Can't be far away from my parents house then.. also PO8... can't say I've seen ur supra about though??

Sky have given me some realatively good quotes on a TT Supra (24, 7yrs no-claims bonus) - said that to go to a single would be an extra £200-300 on top of the premium.

sky ALWAYS beat my other quotes - so i got a quote from them, got AF or similar to beat it, then back to Sky and they bettered it again!

Try it mate - my car insurance went from £950 quote down to £550, and the £550 was including 25k/year mileage, compared to the £950 for 12k sdcp!