The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MkIV production month

Guest MikeIV

Guest MikeIV

Hi guys, first time poster. I was wondering which month the Mark IV Supra was first produced. I am asking because I am from Canada and we have our 15 year rule on importing cars, I was wondering when it was going to be legal exactly to import a car whether UK/Japanese.

I tried searching the web but had no such luck on this information.

Also, I can't post in the "mkIV cars" section, I was trying to search for a Supra for sale in Canada, seems most of you guys are located in the UK. From knowledge right now a 93 twin turbo Supra in Canada goes for about 25000+ CAD, and well with the currency exchange, you can see that is more than what they are asking for in the UK.

Anyways, thanks for any information

Mike

Welcome to the club Mike.

This link should help http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm, the Supra was launched April 1993.

You need to be a full member to post in some of the sections of the forum and be able to use some of the forum features such as custom avatars. Yearly membership is £10, see details here:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/announcement.php?f=2&a=9

Good luck with your search, loads of info on here, I'd suggest starting with the FAQ section in Tech section and also the search button. Anything else ask away.

cheers

Guest Kazimodo

welcolm to the site

i have only had a supra for 7 months but really having fun with it.

had loads of information from the club and hope to participate in the

group meets.

aerodeck 3000 auto

say that cos it sometimes leaks like a boat

luv it anyway

kazimodo:innocent: l

This is the first car where I seen the Japanese hp and torque numbers lower than their exported version, but I guess they have their laws..

The actual hp output is similar for J-spec, UK and US spec, all around 320 flywheel hp. The quoted figure of 280hp for the J-spec was due to an agreement between the Japanese manufacturers for the Japanese domestic market.