The mkiv Supra Owners Club

turning traction control off

nige

tried it once in a carpark i didnt really notice much difference although i always leave slip control on when driving usually, it kicked in today aswell when i was late for work and driving slightly over 30mph at kickdown.

friend of mine who owns a supra said that when she turns it off it slides all over the place.

The stock TC is useless and even dangerous, it is a very crude system that cuts far too much power and leaves you without the ability to accelerate your way out of a situation. Most people dont use it or replaceit with an alternative fool proof infinitely variable system.

The stock TC is useless and even dangerous, it is a very crude system that cuts far too much power and leaves you without the ability to accelerate your way out of a situation. Most people dont use it or replaceit with an alternative fool proof infinitely variable system.

as Termi said, best to keep it off, when it starts cutting power with freight lorry bearing donw on you, brown trouser syndrome occurs

most of the more experienced members turn it off as soon as they get in the car, or buy RLTC

traction control whats that:d dont have that their is my right foot

but seriouly:innocent: in the wet whatch out thats the onlytime!!

iam carfull ;) you can get back slid very easy which is great fun scares my lass to hell but she getting used to it now!!!!:p

Mine gets turned off with the same sub concious act that you use to put your seatbelt on when you first get in the car - rain, sleet, shine - whatever.

Yeah I followed that routine as well.

Then took the entire TC ECU out (cos I couldn't fit my FCD in! :rolleyes: ).

It's automatic for me, everytime I start the engine I turn it off. Even at BPU levels the car doesn't "slide all over the place" you guys must have crap tyres.

It can certainly be dangerous in certain situations, it's too eager to cut all power leaving you with no way to possibly get your way out of a situation. Saying that, in torrential rain (full speed wipers time), or snow I'd probably leave it on, as I'd be driving like miss daisy anyway.

not entirely true mate, once you break traction RLTC will in no way help you get it back again

you sure?

doesnt it allow a certain percentage of slip on either wheel before bringing it back with some trimming, - so it does let you break traction (on 1 wheel at least),

well thats definately what it feels like!

great mod for anyone that doesnt like hedges

...backwards!