The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance on TT for 19yr old

richard cash

can anyone suggest insurance for a 19yr old on a UK TT. My bro has just put a deposit down on one but hasnt tried for insurance yet. He did have a skyline and at 18 this was £2300 with 2yrs no claims (before you ask he had an accelerated policy to get 2yrs ncb in 18months:) ) He doesnt mind paying the same sort of figure again but his previous insurer (adrian flux) quoted him £4.5K!!!! Is there any where else that would be able to help?

Guest dee_rz

i doubt if he'd get a quote cheaper than that at 19, i payed £3163 when i was 22 with 1 years no claims, but i guess it's also subject to where you live also.

Guest dee_rz

mines now on classic and gone down from £3163 with 1 year no claims to 2 years no claims on classic for £1430 :) chuffed is an understatment ...... but now have to cover it as big single so we'll see :D

i had my na when i was 19 and managed to get insured with CIS insurance for just over 3k.

at 20 on the tt im paying around 2.2k - now turned 21 so nxt renewal should be nice!

i had my na when i was 19 and managed to get insured with CIS insurance for just over 3k.

at 20 on the tt im paying around 2.2k - now turned 21 so nxt renewal should be nice!

lol not really mate - its only nice once you've built up your ncb - i was paying 1100 on my daily driver (er.. n reg honda civic :blush:) ... third party fire/theft ... at 23!

lol not really mate - its only nice once you've built up your ncb - i was paying 1100 on my daily driver (er.. n reg honda civic :blush:) ... third party fire/theft ... at 23!

fucking hell, if my supra was std i would only be paying about 1400 and im 21 1 yrs ncb

thats because your a damn penguin!

Not meaning to be sarcy, but you ought to take your TT to a track and get pro lessons. This is a fast car for the inexperienced, and it would be the best money you could ever spend on it, you'll come away knowing the limits, and the all important braking distances, which in a car of such performance is totally different to any low powered cars.

Toyota offered them when the car was new.

Good luck