The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting TSD/DSC

SuperSupra

I know it's been posted a few times before, but I'd like a numbnuts proof guide to fit it - unscrew this bit, cut this wire and put that there kind of thing! I know it's in the passenger footwell but I don't know what I'm looking for, or how to get to it!

I'm new to this sort of thing you see! :rolleyes:

Ok, so I've figured out how to get to it, carpet pulled back and kickplate removed, what's next anyone? Do I unplug anything? Do I need to do anything special to make sure I don't break my car???? lol

I just need someone to say - "put that wire there" and "disconnect this before you do that". Anyone help? :search:

[rant] I was looking for this thread earlier but couldn't find it using the search as TSD or DSC. Probably because the crappy search doesn't look for partial words (or maybe I missed a tick box to do this?) [/rant]

Anyway... I found the wiring diagram I think.

dsc_speedo_mph - non vvti schematic.jpg

[rant] I was looking for this thread earlier but couldn't find it using the search as TSD or DSC. Probably because the crappy search doesn't look for partial words (or maybe I missed a tick box to do this?) [/rant]

Anyway... I found the wiring diagram I think.

Ah cool, thanks bud, just gotta figure out exactly what's what! Do I actually cut these wires or can I feed the wires into it? Trying to figure out which section is which too. Sorry - I'm a retard when it comes to this stuff :(

Ok, the thing that's confusing me about this now is that it seems to suggest that the speedometer and odometer connectors are not in the same part of the car as the part that delimits the speed. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone who lives reasonably close to me who can show me theirs so I can figure out what the f**k to do? I want to do it myself so I know how to do it in the future but don't want to start chopping wires before I know for sure what I'm chopping!!! :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

By the look of this diag you'll install the chip behind the dials and extend the yellow wire down to the ecu. Not a biggie.

You also have to add your own black wire in the middle from the speedo to the odo.

Ah, thanks mate, that makes a bit more sense now. As far as I knew it was just a case of installing it in the passenger footwell, not behind the dash. A few people have said it's just a simple case of connecting 4 wires, but it obviously aint that simple!

i got a cheap version of the delimiter and ive had nothin but bad luck :blink: i screwed three of the wires into the back of the speedo red black and green then run the yellow wire into the blue left hand block that runs into the speedo and crimped it to the blue and red wire which should be the fifth wire over from the left

now when i done it it was raining so i couldnt get up to speed but the cruise control sat at 85mph instead of 66mph but it fudged the whole car up we wired it a couple of different ways and it kept changeing so we think its a faulty delimiter :9 hopefully ill get a new one and can start again lol

the moral of the story is try the yellow wire to the blue and red wire on the blue connecter behind the speedo haha:cool:

• 1 month later...

yep me and my mate colin fitted my thor speeo converter and top speed delimiter a few weeks ago and the car is amazing fare better than the flea bay one

it all gets wired into the back or ur clocks realy straight forward follow the colour codes and make sure u count and cut the rite wire, also u have to run the yellow (top speed) into the brain realy simple

for the cruise control unti which has a green plug it is mounted near in the bulk head so u have to get into were ur foot pedals are and pull everything out till u can reach it;) that was the only trouble we had hope it works for ya:cool:

ps. the code 42 doesnt happen if its done rite basically the wire that u run into the odo goes to the blue wire then backs up onto the pink (ull see wat i mean when u look at it) so the pink on the block at the odo is disconected and the blue going to the brain is disconnected